Party | Teen Ink

Party

“CRUNCH!!!”
Amelia woke up to something poking her in her back. She rolled over to see a smushed, red cup where she was laying. She quickly realized that she was on the couch in the living room and the place was trashed.
“CLEEOOOOOO!!!” Amelia screamed while pacing back and forth.
“Yes?” Mumbled Cleo who had fallen asleep on the ground on multiple bags of chips that she used as pillows.
“Look around! The whole place is trashed! Mom and dad are going to be back tonight. What are we gonna do?”
“Ok don’t panic.” Cleo stuttered as she walked towards Amelia, tripping over red, plastic cups on her way. “Come on I’ll get the trash bags and broom so we can get this place neat and tidy.” she grinned.
About 2 hours went by and Amelia and Cleo were making a lot of progress with cleaning the house. Then, Amelia looked on the coffee table and realized that their mom’s favorite vase was no longer there. She began to frantically search for it, which caught her sister’s attention.
“What's wrong?” Cleo asked with wide eyes. She knew that Amelia only gets this frantic when something really bad has happened.
“Do you remember that vase? The blue one with the intricate lines that mom absolutely adores? I can’t find it anywhere.” Amelia said shakily while searching around the house.
Cleo began looking as well and decided to take a peek under the couch. Her heartbeat tripled and almost bursted out of her chest. She saw that her mother’s vase

was now shattered. It was as if someone broke it, felt guilty, and then tried to conceal it by pushing the pieces under the couch.
“Amelia....” Cleo began. “ I found the vase.”
“Whew, great! I started to get worried there for a second.” Amelia laughed as she calmed down her breathing.
Cleo walked over to the couch and slowly pushed it back, revealing the blue, shattered pieces of their mom’s vase. Cleo looked up at Amelia, whose face had become pale and blue.
“Th- The vase was $5,000. What in the world are we going to do-!!!” Amelia yelled , but was suddenly cut off.
“Ding Dong!”
The girls walked over to the door and peered out to see if it was their parents. Luckily, it was not them. The girls sighed in relief and opened the door fully, revealing a small envelope that was left on the porch. Cleo grabbed the envelope and carefully opened it up. It was a note. It read:
Dear Amelia and Cleo,
I know all about your little party that you two threw. I wonder how your parents are
going to react when I tell them about it. Can’t wait to see you guys be grounded for life! Worst of Luck,
Anonymous xoxo
Cleo laughed, “Was this supposed to scare us? Why are they leaving notes as if we’re in elementary school? This is so childish!” she continued.

“Yes, it really is.” Amelia agreed. “But what will we do if they actually tell mom and dad? We will be in so much trouble. We have to figure out who it is.”
“Well whoever it is has really nice handwriting.” Cleo smiled as she examined the letter and passed it to her sister
Amelia froze for a moment. “You have got to be kidding me!” Amelia yelled and Cleo looked at her in confusion. “That’s the handwriting of Lucas!”
“Lucas? Who is Lucas?” Cleo questioned with a scrunched face.
“Remember? The little blonde kid that picked on us when we were little and was a jerk throughout high school?” Amelia rolled her eyes at the memory.
“Ohhh yeaahhh, I remember him. He lives right down the street. Let’s go confront him!” Cleo yelled while grabbing the note and heading out the house.
Amelia and Cleo made their way to Lucas’ house and banged on the door. “BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
He cracked it open and slowly peered out. He saw the two girls and immediately
tried to shut the door, but the girls pushed it back open.
“What do you people want?” He snarled while looking them up and down. “We want to know why you’re threatening us!” Cleo screamed angrily.
Lucas’ face went pale for a moment. He sighed and opened the door fully to let
the girls inside. He led them to the living room and they all sat down on the couch. Lucas explained that he did write the letter and admitted that he felt a bit guilty about it now that they confronted him.
Amelia listened while glancing at her surroundings. She noticed that Lucas had many vases throughout his living room. The vases varied in size, color, and texture. They

all were very detailed, with lines and patterns carefully painted on them. They were gorgeous.
“These vases are so pretty. Where did you get them?” Amelia inquired while examining the pieces.
“I actually made them myself.” Lucas smiled.
The girls instantly looked at each other and grinned. They asked Lucas if he could replicate their mom’s vase that was destroyed during the party.
Lucas furrowed his eyebrows, “And what do I get in return for this?”
“What do you want?” Cleo grumbled while rolling her eyes and slouching down into her seat.
Lucas smiled slyly and wrote out an extensive list of all the options the girls could choose for his part of the deal. The girls listened angrily, while he rambled about all of the tasks on the list. The girls ended up choosing to babysit his little brother, walk his dogs, and set him up on a date. Then, they thanked Lucas for agreeing to make the vase and got out of his house as quickly as possible.
Later that evening, the girls had just finished cleaning their house from top to bottom. They heard a knock on the door and opened it to see the replica of the vase sitting on their doorstep. The intricate, blue swirls and designs looked just as lovely as they did on the original. They placed the vase on the coffee table and sighed in relief.
“We’re home!” Their mom and dad cheered with wide grins, startling the girls. The girls greeted them as if nothing ever happened. They also continued to live
up to their agreement with Lucas and the secret of the party was never revealed.

N/A