I'll be Fine. | Teen Ink

I'll be Fine.

By awoogalex SILVER, Tirana, Other
awoogalex SILVER, Tirana, Other

E

Ow, what was that? Oh- Oh I’m bleeding. Oh, God, I’m going to die. I’m not going to make it home in time for dinner. I won't be home in time, and I’ll die here, and no one will find me, and my body will rot away-No, no no. I won't die. I'm not going to die here. I can take care of myself. I’m not going to die. That would be pathetic. I can’t die like this, but no- no I won't die. I just- just have to wash the blood off. I can wash it off and then I’ll be okay. If I wash the blood off, it’ll be okay. If there isn’t any blood-if there isn't any blood, I’ll be fine. 

I’ll be fine.  

I just need to wash the blood off. Where will I find water? Theres no water near me. No, no I don’t want to die. There was a creek. There was a creek nearby. I just need to find the creek. I need to find the creek and I’ll be fine. 

I’ll be fine. 

Where was it? No, it was right here. It was- it was right here a second ago. Where did it go. It couldn’t have gone anywhere. Hit why am I crying, this is stupid. It’s not a big deal I can find water somewhere else. I don’t need to find the creek, that won't be the only place with water anyway.  I just need to find a stream of water or-or a puddle. Just water or a puddle. Yea, I can find that! 

I’ll be fine. 

Oh, it’s getting dark. But I couldn’t have been out here that long. The sun was out just a few minutes ago. It can’t have been that long, can it? Where am I? This isn’t the same way I came. This isn’t- where did I come from?  Am I going to die out here? No, I’m not going to die out here. 

I’ll be fine. 

I’m not going to die. Ma said she would be sad if I died. She said she would be sad. She said she would look for me. Where is she? She's not here. She's not looking for me; I’m going to die out here. No one will find me. I’m going to die out here. I can’t die. I don’t want to die. Not now at least. I still want to do things with my life. I don't want to die now. I don't want to die. Ma will come to find me. She’ll find me and It’ll be fine.

I’ll be fine. 

A short story I wrote to vent.