A Hole in a Wall/The First Stage of Crumbling | Teen Ink

A Hole in a Wall/The First Stage of Crumbling

By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

The first stage of crumbling is just a little hole. All it takes for a mighty wall to be undone is just one little hole. 

You don't notice until it's too late. I didn't notice when I had a dozen little holes. So then I crumbled, bit by bit, because by the time I noticed it was too late. 

Now i don't know how to rebuild. Instead, I make little holes in other people, then they'll crumble too. I was so bad at the start. But now I'm a master.

It's shocking, really. Just one word has the power to destroy someone. Maybe they'll rebuild and I'll watch how. Or not. It just feels good to tear people down. 

Loneliness. Mistrust. Hurt. Vanity. A secret coming out. Or manipulating fears. Everybody has something. I can always find it. 

It's a wonderful, terrible rush to give somebody the little nudge, the one that tears them down. I don't know what happens next, but it feels so good in the moment.

Every time I destroy someone, I crumble a little more. I just don't notice. So the only joy left for me is to destroy. And I am so, so good at destroying. Best at destroying the person I hate most. Myself.

my final in my 2nd English class. well, one of 3. 

its about Dameon, a school bully from a book about his favorite victim.

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

yep?

CrystalMelody GOLD, X, Other

"um?"-me ;9

dang it it looked longer in other formats. i cant belive how short that is...