Dialogue Testing | Teen Ink

Dialogue Testing

Just when Kanna thought she’d finish crying, the phone rang. It was Ichirou, her best friend. She picked up the phone, still sniffling.

“H-Hello..?” She said, wiping away her tears.

“Hey..” He said, the sympathy in his voice showed.

“I’m.. Really sorry about what happened.”

She sniffled. “I-It wasn’t your fault.. Don’t apologize..” She spoke whilst crying some more.

“My mom is dead.. Okay? I.. I can’t do anything about that.. I’ll be just fine.. You don’t need to worry about me.” She started crying some more.

“Don’t say that… I know you need comforting.” He said.

“Please.. Stop crying.” He sighed.

“I can’t! I can’t stop crying! You can’t bring my mother back and nor can I! I just.. Have to cope with it..” She started crying even harder.

“I know that but, you need to get over it somehow. I know that you’re feeling depressed and a bit angry, but you need to get over it. You can’t cope with your feelings by shutting them away and crying. If you need me to comfort you, then I will. Just stop crying.. Please..” He spoke, trying my best to comfort her.

She stopped crying and calmed down a bit. “Y-Yes.. I need comfort.. I need to calm down..”

He hung up on the phone and grabbed an umbrella before running over to her house, hands pocketed. He knocked on the door slowly. Kanna went to the door and opened it slowly. He looked at her, her eyes were red from all the crying. She hugged him tightly, crying into my shoulder.

“I-I can’t go on like this.. So many things are happening and it piles up and puts so much stress on me.. Solving the murders.. My mother.. I can’t deal with all of this at once..”

He hugged her back, comforting her in his arms.

“Don’t go..” She said softly.

“I.. I love you..”