Mr.Brown And His Town | Teen Ink

Mr.Brown And His Town

By Sai_21 BRONZE, Los Angles, California
Sai_21 BRONZE, Los Angles, California

Mr. Brown was known for his hospitality all throughout Smilton. Smilton was a petite town, but for a visit at Mr. Brown’s house, people would come from far and wide. Mr. Brown owned a mere 25 square metres of land in which he had built a peaceful garden and a cozy wood cottage. Mr. Brown lived on the outskirts of Smilton but he had turned the deserted place into a populated one because of his kindness and care towards his visitors. Frindlerr Snchmith had come all the way from Polutgu to meet Mr. Brown. Although Mr. Snchmith was coming to meet Mr. Brown it was not for the experience of Mr. Brown's hospitality, rather, the visit was for a job interview. Mr. Snchmith arrived at Mr. Brown’s secluded home and stated his presence with a loud knock which shook Mr. Brown’s rusty door. ‘Who’s there?’ came a tired sounding voice from inside the cottage.Mr. Snchmith proudly said ‘It is Mr. Snchmith, and I have come to interview you for your carpeting job at Potugu.’ Mr. Brown surely didn’t want to leave his beloved hometown and his job in Smilton, but Mr. Brown also couldn’t send Mr. Snchmith away after he had travelled a long distance to reach here. So, Mr. Brown quickly slipped on a shirt, tie, vest, and trousers and warmly welcomed his new quest into his house. After treating Mr. Snchmith with warm tea, sweet freshly baked biscuits and a welcoming conversation, Mr. Brown offered that Mr. Snchmith and him should talk about the interview and the job in Polutgu during a calm morning walk. Having agreed, Mr. Snchmith and Mr. Brown walked and talked all morning, until noon. Mr. Snchmith was served the most splendid lunch and he was invited to have an afternoon nap. Mr. Snchmith was an independent man and did not like being served by others, but despite his refusal Mr. Brown played Mr. Snchmith music until he fell asleep on a warm and soft bed. After Mr. Snchmith had woken up from his nap he thanked to Mr. Brown saying to him in a joyful manner ‘Your hospitality is excellent and your house is great.’ Mr. Brown almost frowned which surprised Mr. Snchmith, he replied to him ‘ are you alright, Mr. Brown?’ ‘ I see you look sorrowful for some reason.’ Mr. Brown sighted and replied ‘ your offer has interested me Mr. Snchmith,’ Mr. Brown signed again and then spoke after a sip of water ‘ My family has been living away from me due to a lack of space in my small home, I have never  felt lonely due to the many visitors I receive, but..’ Again Mr. Brown took a sip of water and continued after a long silence, ‘ I am interested in carpenting as I have definitely received the skills, and in Polutgu my family can move in with me in a larger house.’ Mr. Snchmith smiled widely ‘ That is amazing Mr. Brown! ‘ ‘ Come and live in Polutgu with your family’ ‘ I am sure that because of our hospitality, you will not have a lack of guests and  visitors there either!’. Now Mr. Brown sighed with such force he seemed like a hairdryer, and he said in a pitiful and somewhat stern way ‘Smilton is my hometown, and I love my home, my garden, my visitors and my job here.’ Mr. Snchmith smiled even wider than he had before, so wide that it seemed as if his smile might come off of his face. He said, rather kindly ‘ change is a part of life Mr. Brown.’ but Mr. Brown seemed like he didn’t want to talk to Mr. Snchmith anymore. Mr Brown turned his back and was about to walk outside when Mr. Snchmith grabbed him by the shoulder and talked for about an hour about all of the times head experienced change, along with all of the positive outcomes. Mr. Brown felt confident after that, he now wanted to move to Polutgu with his luggage and family too. And Mrr. Brown moved to Polutgu, there he built a new and larger house and a brighter and more beautiful garden, Mr. Brown worked as the most diligent and skilled carpenter in all of Polutgu, and because of his hospitality he always had a visitor or two.

Mr. Brown is known for his hospitality all through his town, but when the time comes to move, Mr. Brown doesn't want to leave his beloved home.