Your Social Anxiety Demon. | Teen Ink

Your Social Anxiety Demon.

November 11, 2020
By mya05 BRONZE, Macon, Georgia
mya05 BRONZE, Macon, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Social Anxiety the rarest type of anxiety there is, but is it uncommon? No, no it isn’t. Social Anxiety is that voice in your head, deep in your conscience, repeating to you over and over that you’ll forever be alone or no one will ever accept you for the way you are. Social Anxiety is that dark space in the back of your mind, that deep voice screaming at you that you’re never enough for someone, that someone will always have their eyes on you, judging you constantly everywhere you go. 


The Dark Room, Four Walls, Four Corners Volume I the Vision of the Human’s Mind - the room you’re currently in is dark. You close your eyes to try to escape the darkness, but you closing your eyes only makes it worse. Your surroundings, it only gets worse, but what’s that? The dark shadowy figure that’s slowly making its way towards you coming to you from the corner of the room that’s right across from you, its bone cracking and crunching with every step it takes, you don’t open your eyes just yet, but you listen. You listen to the sound of the dark shadowy figure’s bones as it continues to creep towards you. You finally open your eyes as you realize that it’s getting closer to you. As it’s almost to you everything arounds you, your surroundings seem to slow down, your breathing, your heartbeat. The shadow finally reaches you, pinning you in the corner of that dark room with the four walls. You try to scream, but nothing comes out, not a sound. Tears slowly start to roll down your cheeks as you continue to try to scream, but still struggling to let a noise slip past your lips. The shadow figure opens its own mouth widening abnormally and begins to mimic you, screaming. Instead of it being completely silent in the room the shadow figure’s screams fill the room. “You’ll never be enough!” “They’re watching you!” “Run, run, run!” The shadow figure repeats over and over in a deep tonish voice that rumbles the entire room.


It’s all in your head, the image your conscience develops its own reputation of social anxiety. you can try to bury it, but just remember it’ll always find its way back to you. 


The author's comments:

This is something I relate to, something we all relate to.