Volleyballs | Teen Ink

Volleyballs

By SophiaNazareno BRONZE, Cupertino, California
SophiaNazareno BRONZE, Cupertino, California

The cage that we are held in is small, so all of my family and friends are crammed together. As I looked around, I noticed big giants taking us out, one by one, squishing us to see if we needed more air pumped into us. I suddenly get picked up and walked to the blacktop. They immediately hit me into the sky and over a white border to the next giant. It felt as if one second I am free in the air, and the next, gravity is pulling me down, and I hit the hard ground. The giants smile with enjoyment while they smack me to each other. Everything around me suddenly turns blurry. The green trees and grey cement become one. They occasionally missed me, and when they did, I would hit the ground and try to roll away from them as fast as I could. But I was never fast enough. After a while, they swooped me into their hands and ran me to another group of giants. As they handed me over, they said, “Oh, and here’s your volleyball.” 

This piece is written to show the perspective of a volleyball, where the reader is the volleyball.