The Childhood Of Peter Wayne | Teen Ink

The Childhood Of Peter Wayne

By mazoka04 SILVER, Tirana, Other
mazoka04 SILVER, Tirana, Other

One day, a happy and rich family was going back home from a basketball match, and then they encountered a well built man that is holding a gun at both of the parents' faces. Thomas Wayne tells his son: "Don't worry son, everything is going to be alright." Then the masked and well built man grabs Jessica's necklace and snatched the father's watch, shot them both in the head, afterwards, he took a good look at Peter and just took off. Peter was just 8 when that  happened, so there was nothing he could have done.

Selina Kyle, or as people like to call her...cat, lives in the street and steals stuff for living, she felt bad for Peter so she called the GCPD from a phone that she had just snatched from a man before the incident. The GCPD arrived to the crime scene in no time and then started doing their work. A new detective named Sanchez went to young Peter and tried to cheer him up a little and try to get him to talk and tell him what happened.

"Peter, tell me what happened so I can help you, I promise you, I will find the man responsible. I know how it feels, the same thing happened to my parents, I wasted my whole life looking for clues, and I don't want you to make the same mistake," Sanchez said.

Wiping his tears away, Peter answered, "Well, he was a very big man, wearing a black mask. He had shiny shoes, oh, and he was staring at me with his green evil eyes after he killed them."

"Oh bloody hell! Are you ok Master Peter?'What happened here?" asked Alfred, the butler.

Alfred had promised Thomas Wayne that he would take care of Peter and make him the man his father had been if anything were to happen to him.

The next day when Peter went to school, this one bully kept on following him, and when he entered the bathroom, the bully pushed him and punched him in the face a couple of times, and of course, poor Peter was too weak to do anything. When he went back home, he asked Alfred to teach him how to fight. Then Alfred said, "Well, let's get to work, shall we Master Peter?"

The following day when Peter came back from school, Alfred left the door open for him and then just as he was going to enter the car, Alfred closed the door and said, "You're coming home on foot today."

"You expect me to walk all the way home!" answered Peter. Then Alfred said, "No, I expect you to run all the way home, good luck, Master Peter!" two hours later, Peter finally arrived home and Alfred was just laying on the chez long drinking cocktail. Alfred noticed a red and purple mark on his face and asked who did this to him; afterwards Peter lied to him and told him he hit his head in the pole while he was running home. Alfred knew he was lying just by looking at his face, he said, "Okay" even though he knew this wasn't what actually happened.

10 years of Peter Wayne spent on finding the man responsible, Alfred helping him find who it was, and Sanchez of course not sleeping at all to find the man responsible like he promised. One day when Peter was walking down the alley looking for clues, a girl named Selina Kyle showed up out of nowhere and claimed to have seen the face of the man that killed his parents, he then lost control and asked why she decided to come to him after all these years and tell him that. Then she said because she is already wanted by the GCPD; he then told her that if she helps him track down the man responsible, he was going to protect her and not let the police arrest her for what she had done in the past. He then headed home with his new friend Cat to let her look at the files and so she could tell him if she recognised anyone. She looked at the men in the picture and said, "I know who that guy is and where he lives, come on, hurry!" When they arrived to the man's apartment, Cat said, "You go in first and I'll get help and come." Peter busted through the door and found two armed men and managed to knock out both of them, but then a masked man hit his head with a bat and tied him up.

Five minutes later, Peter woke up, and in front of him was a man with the same eyes as the criminal that killed his parents, and even weirder, they were in a circus with other criminally insanes watching him tied to a tree and about to get blasted by one of those cannons that are found in circuses. The man announced: "Welcome ladies and germs! Today Peter Wayne finally found me after all these years and decides to kill me. To be honest Peter, I thought it would take you less time. Speaking of time, you have approximately 5 minutes until you die, and no one is gonna be here to save you."

Seconds before the cannon shot him, he managed to cut the rope and run away, he then went inside the maze to hide. Jerome went inside the maze too:"Come out, come out, wherever you are, poor little Peter. Your father is dead, your mother is dead, and now hiding here is gonna make things worse."

"I didn't come here to hide, I wanted you to follow me, you're going to pay for what you've done!" Peter answered.

Peter then tackled him, then Jerome said, "What kind of hero tackles someone from behind!' Peter kept punching and punching him, and had a knife in the back of his pocket and was planning on killing him even though he promised Sanchez he wasn't going to kill the man responsible. But when he pulled out his knife, he thought of this advice his father told him right before he died:"The best revenge is to be unlike your enemy." This time Peter could control his anger, instead of killing him, he handed him over to the police.

When Peter arrived home, he went inside his room, locked the door and was ready to have a fresh start, and start all over again. You should always remember something important: It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.