Big Dreams in Poverty | Teen Ink

Big Dreams in Poverty

By Manpreet123 SILVER, Sacramento, California
Manpreet123 SILVER, Sacramento, California

My favorite quote is Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

America everybody want to come here because they think they can get a job and make a lot of money. People will do anything to come here even kill somebody to get a better life. That's what money do to people the power everybody but some miss use that power. This is a story about a girl who got big dreams but not the money for the dreams.

Rosa a 20 year old girl who has really big dreams but not the money. She want to go to America to pursue her fashion designing and live the life she wants to. Rosa lives in ghetto area where there´s gangs, shots firing and stuff. She never go out with her friends, just home to job to home. One day her friend came up to her and said”let's go to the club today”, Rosa said”I don´t have money, said it embarrassed. The friend reply”I will pay for you”. Rosa replied”ok I will go. Rosa got ready and went out she looking at all the rich people in the club wearing nice clothes and stuff. She feel embarrassed because she was wearing old clothes. She decided to go home.

She started walking she cross the rich area and went to her neighborhood where there was gangs and stuff. She fell really uncomfortable walking from there because everybody was looking at her. The next day Rosa decided to go to US illegally. She went to her neighbour who go to US and come back everyday. Rosa said to her”Hey, do you know any way i can go to US I really want to go. The neighbour replied”Yeah but it's really dangerous and you need money for it. Rosa replied,”don’t worry about the money i got it. The neighbour said”ok meet in the farm tomorrow. The next day rosa went and meet with the guy named scarface he told her everything about money and stuff and how she gonna get there. It was 3 days of walking. She said”I'll get you the money this week”.

Rosa put all her money in it and was about to go to the bus the next day. Next day she got in a bus from there she went to Mexico and from Mexico she went to desert where she had to walk but she didn't know what's coming for her. Scarface works for the cartel and he seen that she would make him some money so he decided to get her kidnapped in the desert and that's what happens. Rosa gets kidnapped in the dessert and they put her in dark place. Where it's really hot when she gets up her stomach hurts a lot and she don't why.

So she decided to ask the guy who was keeping a eye on her. She said”Why you kidnapped me?And what you guys do to me?Why my stomach hurting so much”,The guy replied”you gonna make us money”. Rosa replied”how”? He said “we put Cocaine in your stomach and you have to get it to US or we will kill your friends. The next day they smuggled her to US by putting her in a plane but while she was in the plane the cocaine burst in her stomach and she slowly starts dying. She get to the supplier but she died on the spot and they kill her friends too because she failed.

The dream she had to get to the US got true but she had to pay a price for it and the price was her life. Her big dreams got her killed and her friends too.

BIg dreams get the girl killed