Black Is Beauty | Teen Ink

Black Is Beauty

By IsaacMiler BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
IsaacMiler BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

I disagree on the part it says, “Your pretty for a black girl.” This just makes me wonder why people have to include the black word when you can just say your pretty. I understand that when you are talking to a black person you don’t have to be rude to them, we just need to be nice and I don’t know why people have to be so rude. I am not surprised on how people are being racist to each other and how we just need to have a great society. At my school there was this girl that left, but I don’t know for sure if it was about her color or not, but she left our school because people were making fun of her and just being rude in general. This article is written well because the part that says, “The divide between the color of our skins are not ending.” I think that it is true and people are just not going to stop until someone does something to stop this nonsense. These arguments are strong because it describes what is happening to our society with racism. The one thing that left me confused was how people are jocks and just need to stop being rude to each other. I just think this society needs fixed in general.

In this article I just think people need to just stop being racist and we just need to have a better society.