The Night of '92 | Teen Ink

The Night of '92

By writer2b PLATINUM, Montville, New Jersey
writer2b PLATINUM, Montville, New Jersey

The ice cold night of ྘ was when I went to the party with you. You wore that red mini dress, with silver hoops, and black stiletto shoes. Your jet black hair glittered in the light, your forest green eyes popped out as you saw me awaiting to pick you up at the door, your lips a vibrant pink, and that smile twinkled like the stars. You looked as beautiful as an angel. We had an amazing time; you danced like it was going to be your last time, too bad it was. As we danced we got thirsty and headed to the bar where we had a few beers, too bad it would be too many.
We were exhausted from dancing the night away so we said good bye to all of our friends, too bad it would be your last good bye. I told you not to drive because you were dizzy like when you got off that roller coaster last summer and got sick. I knew I was okay because I have driven drunk before and I was used to it after all of the parties I have gone to. So we got into the car and drove off at the speed of light, the music was turned up to the max like at the concert we went to just last Saturday , but when I made that one simple right turn we knew death neared. A deer was in the middle of our lane, I swerved so I would not hit it as we screamed in fear. Instead we hit a tree. Then I fell into a sleep of darkness. I woke up in the back of an ambulance. I started to scream you sweet name in agony remembering what happened, trying to look out of the window where I see the car. It is smashed like a soda can crushed. I see another ambulance on the way to the hospital. I tried to sit up but i was strapped down with a tight belt unlike how we were in the car. Thinking everything would come out okay like it usually does, I fell asleep again only did I notice I saw an angel calling my name saying how much she loved me, it looked like her on that very first night I met her back in ྖ when we were in 9th grade. The next morning they told me that you died....She died on the cold night of ྘.

on May. 3 2009 at 1:26 am
This amazing work, I give this piece of work 5 ***** out of 5!! Keep up with the writing. I'll be waiting!!;)

on May. 2 2009 at 2:25 am
Julietbyheart BRONZE, Coalton, Ohio
Pretty good my friend, pretty good.