The Last Day of Happiness | Teen Ink

The Last Day of Happiness

November 11, 2018
By chlo_heckers BRONZE, Narromine, Other
chlo_heckers BRONZE, Narromine, Other
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When you left, I wanted to die. That made me stronger, now I want to live more than ever" - Myself


The gentle sound of the singing breeze danced around her, playing with her shiny brown hair. She sat down, closed her eyes, and breathed in, as if it was her last breath. She laid her ocean blue eyes on a flutter of colour. Too small for the eyes of the foolish, but not small enough to get unnoticed by those with big hearts.

Her gaze follows the ball of colour, which rests upon a blooming red rose. Even though it cannot see its own beauty, she notices how beautiful it really is. The different colours and patterns stood out like fireflies in the middle of the night. The grace of this insignificant creature is exquisite beyond measure.

Time stands still, she is no longer bothered by the playful wind, she doesn’t notice the setting sun. Her mind begins to wander, her eyes close, and tears run down her cheeks.

Her last day of happiness, has ended. 


The author's comments:

It is supposed to be a mystery, leave the reader curious as to why its 'her last day of happiness'. The backstory is that this young girl has a very sad story. I imagined her having lost her parents and she is being sent to an orphanage because no one is willing to take her in. Despite all of that, she still sees beauty and peace in what she sees and hears. She represents kindness, love and innocence. The big heart of a young girl.