A Letter to Mr. and Mrs. Cade, (The Outsiders Class Assignment Gone Great) | Teen Ink

A Letter to Mr. and Mrs. Cade, (The Outsiders Class Assignment Gone Great)

July 6, 2018
By MissMaddyM GOLD, Lakewood, Colorado
MissMaddyM GOLD, Lakewood, Colorado
12 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"After all we've been through... everything that I've done... it can't be for nothing" -Ellie, The Last of Us


Dear Mr./ Mrs. Cade,

  

     I am a social worker that lives in your son's neighborhood. I've known him awhile and I know how you've treated him. So, how do you feel knowing what you've done? How do you feel knowing that you decieved your own son? Your child?! You're sick! Criminal! Malevolent!

    In defiance of your absence, and, to put it bluntly, your shitty parenting, Johnny is a hero! I'm sure you've heard. He may never walk again, but he is a champion, no thanks to you! You're nothing but two exuviating serpents, destroying your child's life with your pernicious venom!

   Those boys are his real family! They're all he's got! Thankfully, your customs are not toxic to him. I hope that strong, audacious boy never has to see you two again. And, I will tell you, very kindly and politely, to go straight to Hell!

                                                             

 

Sincerely,

M.R.


The author's comments:

In class, we were told to write a letter to Johnny Cade's parents. I was looking through my old schoolwork when I happened to find the letter I wrote. I thought this would be worth posting.