Rebel Girl | Teen Ink

Rebel Girl

By France217 BRONZE, Mobile, Alabama
France217 BRONZE, Mobile, Alabama

ven seas you should not be celebrating. Just as a general rule of thumb.

But that was exactly what Anne Glaser was doing. Most people in the small

Cage was panicking as normal people would. Anne spoke to the pirate.

He didn’t hear her over the wailing. She knew she'd have to be loud and

Crude to get the job done. "Oy! Watcha locked me up in this bloody cage

Fer? " She screeched. The guard on duty looked her up and down, grinning.

"Yer captive for the most feared pirate in all da seven seas."  Anne huffed "tell

Me something it doesn't know. " The pirate hollered "What was that?" "I said, I am

Lily Collins; Black Beards favorite lady caller. I was on my way to give 'im what

He paid for when I was rounded up with the rest of ya. Let me do business with

The Capt'n.  he's my favorite customer. The pirate eyes grew wide with realization.

"Beggin' yer pardon, miss." He lowed the cage and Anne pushed past the group of

Dazed captives. She marched forward. Once they reached the Captain's door, the pirate

Called into the door. "A Ms. O'Connell is here ta see ya, Captain." And then he ran away. And she

Was alone. In the doorway of the worst man so far in history. "I don't remember ever meeting a Ms. O'Connell" His crisp English accent was an Oasis compared to all the slang she'd heard.

"Well, sir I'm 'ere to offer my services." He smiled. "And what might those be?" She dropped the accent and pulled out her knife from the boot. "This," she said.  He had the audacity to laugh. She huffed. "I shouldn't have expected this to be easy." She fell to the ground and neatly performed a corkscrew maneuver. For those of you not familiar with the corkscrew; you perform it by wrapping your legs around your opponents and swipe the legs out from underneath them; allowing you to get above them. It is highly useful when wrangling Alpacas. She pushed her knife to his throat that was placed against the floor. "Ms. O'Connell I'm very flattered…" Good god he was slow. "I'm commuting mutant  you sexist swine." Her knife flew and pierced. "Also murdering you. I forgot to mention that." He pulled out his knife and flipped their position so he was on top of her and she was the one pressed to the ground. "Darling, you really should think your plans out." This was the moment she'd been waiting for. "Darling I did."

He looked puzzled until she screamed "Oh boys! The captain wants to see you!" Several sheepish pirates slunk into the room. "Boys out!" The captain said. "Now boys," Anne continued as if she hadn’t heard him " I come about offering my service and what do you think he did? He pulled a knife on me!" "It ain't right to pull a knife on a lady caller." One of the braver ones said. "BOYS!" he screamed. A surge of fear rushed through Anne. This was her revenge though. She twitched regretting the things that couldn't be different. "BOYS, OUT!" the captain screeched. As soon as they left and the captains' gaze was fixed on the door, Anne stabbed him. Fatally. She dumped his body out of the window of the Captain's chambers.

She pulled his clothes out of a chest and pulled them on. Next, she put on one of his ridiculous fake black beards he always kept with him. She admired herself in the mirror. "Change the ship's name." "What? Where's your lady caller and why..?" "NOW!" She returned to looking at herself in the mirror. She was the spitting image of Blackbeard. After all, she was his seventeen-year-old daughter. She straightened her fake beard and took a step out of the door as Black Beard, the most dreaded pirate in all seven seas.

For all the girls who are in power.