FREEDOM-FIGHTER | Teen Ink

FREEDOM-FIGHTER

August 2, 2018
By byroncyang BRONZE, Santa Clara, California
byroncyang BRONZE, Santa Clara, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I’m sitting at the counter with my hands on the cold, hard surface. I can see my reflection: a middle-aged white man who’s half-bald. As I look at the two ladies sitting beside me at the counter, white men start yelling and pouring liquid and other nasty things onto their heads. Water and salt and pepper were in their hair and on their clothes and it was pretty much everywhere. I feel enraged by the men who did this, but I sit still and do nothing. I then feel cold liquid dripping down my back. It was probably water, but I just continue sitting there, silent and emotionless. More yells. Some laughs even. Why do they hate African Americans so? I’m thinking on this when I hear the chairs beside me being pushed out. I look over and I see police officers handcuffing the two ladies. Arms behind your backs. They didn’t protest as they were led away, with those white men still hurling salt, pepper, and water at the innocent girls. As the police officers practically pushed them out the door and onto the ground, I closed my eyes and let them come at me.

I am a FREEDOM-FIGHTER.