Eclipse the NightWing | Teen Ink

Eclipse the NightWing

I flew as fast as my wings could take me, trying not to make so much noise. The droplets of water hit my scales as my claws grasped the emptiness of the air. Thunder and lighting could be heard throughout the mountains as I looked for shelter. I quickly glanced around when I suddenly saw it. A cave that is out in the open being only covered by the shadows of the nearby mountains. I quickly flapped my wings faster to escape the rain that was still pouring over me.
Once inside I quickly went deeper into the cave to try to blend into the shadows and away from the rain. I tried to keep as quiet as possible in fear of some nearby dragons hearing me shout out in pain. As I kept trying to keep quiet the pain became worse to contain. The pain was too unbearable that I couldn’t keep quiet anymore. I shouted and cried in agony because of the pain. I kept crying try to keep a bit quiet or quiet enough so that the storm could mask my screams. Without knowing it I started to pass out. I could see black spots flying around in my vision and started to get dizzy, then it all went black.
As I started to wake up I noticed that I was no longer in the dark cave of before. I was starting to sit up when I felt something cold against my neck, wings, and legs. I quickly sat up and tried to get them off with my claws to no bail. I then tried to burn them with my fire breath but to also no bail. I kept trying to get them off when I suddenly heard hissing coming from next to me.
“Would you quit with all that noise? Even locked up you are still a pain,”the now identified as a female Sandwing said while glaring at me.
As I looked closer at her I got a feeling that I knew her from somewhere.
“Who are you? And where am I?” I asked as I stood up and put my guard up when I noticed that the chains were also on her only that she had a few extra ones at the tip of her barbed tail.
“You seriously don’t remember or are you just stupid?” She told me while sitting up and looking at me like she wanted to kill me.
“Wait. Oasis? Is that you?” I said putting my guard down around her.
I then started to noticed the scars under her wings and near her tail. The scars under her wings looked like little stars that reseblem mine in an odd way. The scars near her tail looked like they were created in the middle of a fight.
“What are you doing here? I thought I escaped unseen from the palace?” I said out of shock as I back away a little only for my tail to crash with the wall behind me.
“Well you thought wrong stupid. Look where we are now, thanks to you,” she said while rolling her eyes at me and flicking her tail around.
“Will you too keep quiet! We are trying to sleep here!” someone shouted from the cell next to us.
I looked to the left of me and though a small window on the wall I saw two Icewings. One Icewing had what looked like stripes running down their scales in blueish color that looked good against their white pale skin. The other Icewing looked like it had some sort of spot under their eyes which was white and blend into the icy blue of her skin. In the white you could see what looked like little jewels that would occasionally glisten when the sun hit the Icewing.
“Oh sorry about that,” I said as I looked down in a sign of apology.
“Hey! Don’t tell me what to do! I’ll have you know that you’re talking to the daughter of the sister of the Sandwing queen!” Oasis shouted as she puffed her chest out to display the jewels that were engraved into her chest to make them look like scales.
“Oh really? Well I’ll have you know that you are talking to a royal palace guard!” The Icewing shouted.
“Yeah a bad palace guard for that matter.” The female Icewing said finally as she sat up exposing a sapphire necklace.
“Princess! You’re awake!” Said the palace guard as he rush towards her causing the chains to rattle against the floor as he moved.
“Be quiet Blizzard. You are the reason why we are here.” She said bitterly as she extended her wings pushing him away from her a bit.
“Wait? Do you mean Princess Winter as in the next princess in line to the Icewing throne!” asked Oasis overly excited know that she had just met one of the most popular princesses in the Kingdom.
“That’s me. And you must be Oasis the one that can get the throne if she kills her aunt. Nice to meet you under these pleasurable consequences.” she said while smiling slightly at her.
“Hey! You four be quiet! You dragons aren’t especial, except that Nightwing. She isn’t the only one we caught today.” He said to us while unlocking the door to my cell.
“I need everyone to be prepare and get the Nightwing that is part of the prophecy into the arena!” I’ll take care of this Nightwing.” He yelled at the other Skywing guards as he approached me and unlocked my chains that connected me to Oasis.
“You better not die Eclipse. I still need you to take me home and be my advisor when I become queen,” Oasis whispered to me as I was being unchained.
Once I was guided outside of the cell I heard Princess Winter say the word escape but didn’t hear anymore.
When I got to the arena all I could see was the bright sky and sand under my talons. I then heard the crowd roar as the queen came into the balcony.
“Welcome, my fellow citizens. Today we have a special fight for my birthday! We will be witnessing the wrath of the Nightwing from the Prophecy!” She screamed out as the other Nightwing came out. He looked scared and like he couldn't fight even to save his life.
“And not only do we have him but we also caught the Sandwing Princess that was following this Nightwing. If I’m not mistaking she is the adoptive Princess.!” She announced out to the crowd as they roared in acceptance for what was happening.
“Now Nightwings I except a bloody fight from the two of you since it is my birthday. Now. Fight!” She announced and then it started.

I wrote this piece in order to create a piece for the Wings of Fire fandom.