Fountain Scene | Teen Ink

Fountain Scene

By KeeganOSS BRONZE, HOUSTON, Texas
KeeganOSS BRONZE, HOUSTON, Texas

“Johnny was running away”. Johnny jumped right up and we ran as fast as we could. “I think we ok PonyBoy, what happen?” Johnny said. “Darry he hit me, he never hit me before”. I was worried because it was cold outside.
We were at the park and I asked Johnny for a cigarette. We were just hanging around near the monkey bars and we saw a car just circling around the park. It looked like a soc car. We didn’t really mind because it wasn’t messing with us. It started to turn into the park. “Should we run”, Johnny said. “Nah let’s see what they want”. There was 5 of them. “Look who it is the 2 greasers who tried to pick up our girls”, Bob said.
Johnny looked scared because he whispered to me “that’s the one with all those rings, and he’s drunk”. “You’re outa your territory”, Johnny warned them in a low voice. “ You’d better watch it”.
Randy took a step closer to us. Bob was eyeing Johnny. “Nup pal, yer the ones who’d better watch it. Next time you want a broad, pick your own kind of dirt”.
“You know what a greaser is?” Bob asked. “White trash with long hair. I was getting mad inside and I wanted to do something about it so i said “You know what a soc is. White trash with Mustangs and Madras”. I couldn’t think of anything else bad to do so I spit on them. Bob shook his head. “You could use a bath, greaser. And a good working over. And we’ve got all night to do it. Give the kid a bath david”.
I tried to run away but the soc grabbed me and twisted my arm, then he shoved me into the water. I tried to fight back but he had a strong grip on my head and I tried to hold my breath. I started to gag and i felt like i was gonna die.
The next thing I knew that i woke up next to a soc laying on me. He was covered with blood. I also saw Bob covered in blood. They are dead. Then i saw Johnny he had a switchblade in him. I got sick and was cold, I felt and I just closed my eyes. Forever.

So this piece is from the book the outsides. But this is with a different plot. So no copyright claims