My Birthright | Teen Ink

My Birthright

By KlieneSchrieben BRONZE, Culpeper, Virginia
KlieneSchrieben BRONZE, Culpeper, Virginia

"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" -Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland

Nashi Dragneel is the great granddaughter of Natsu Dragneel and one of the few people who still study the rarest magic of all: Dragon Slayer magic. Now, already part of Fairy Tail, a legendary guild found in Magnolia, Nashi couldn't have asked for a better life. However, trouble comes a calling when another rival guild challenges her and her friends. It also doesn't help that she's also struggling to control her inner dragon, one of the many faults of being a Dragon Slayer.

Chapter 1: Nashi Dragneel

It was a warm and summer day. The folks of Magnolia were having a wonderful time enjoying themselves and finding various ways trying to beat the heat. Some were in the comforts of their homes, others went to the beach to play, and the rest simply stayed in the shade. Everything was peaceful.

That is until one of the ice cream shops blew up.

People gathered while mothers held their children closely to them. Once the smoke settled, a thirteen year old girl walked out. She had light pink hair that just reached to her shoulders, a black vest that covered her white tank top, a plaid white scarf wrapped loosely around her neck, khaki shorts, and brown sandals. "Oops, guess my anger got the best of me", she smiled innocently as she began to stretch her shoulders. Underneath her right shoulder, a red fairy symbol was on it, showing that she was part of Fairy Tail. The people rolled their eyes and went back onto their day. The girl shrugged her shoulders as she began to walk away. "Nashi!" someone called out to the girl. Nashi turned around, but only to have a block of ice hit her square in the face. "What the hell!?" She glared at the person who threw the ice block. It was melting instantly on the gravel floor. A fourteen year old boy was sitting a few feet away from her. He had shaggy black hair and dark blue eyes. He was shirtless leaving him in his dark blue shorts, flip flops and on his left pectoral muscle was the same symbol Nashi's but it was a lighter blue rather than her red. "You can't just leave the ice cream parlor like that!" he yelled at her. "Do you want the Guild Master to yell at you?" Nashi rolled her eyes as she was picking at her ear. "I don't know what you're talking about", Nashi puffed smoke out of her nostrils. Another ice block hit her again, though it melted much faster than the last one. "Can you stop that, Argo!" she yelled at the boy. Argo smirked as he made a pouty face. "What's the matter, Flame Brain", he talked to her as if he was talking to a dog. "Does the hurt?" Flames bursted into her fists as she bared her fangs. "What was that Ice Princess!" she yelled at him. "You want to fight?!" Argo crossed his arms as ice particles began to dance around him. The temperature fluxuated between the two: one too hot or one too cold. "Me? Fight you?" Argo rolled his eyes. "Waste of time: I could kick your ass any time any where", Argo stated triumphantly. Bystanders began to take shelter inside their houses, though some of them felt as though it was useless. Nashi pointed at Argo. "Right here, right now", she yelled. Before long, the both of them charged at each other.

Chapter Notes:

If any of you are wondering what the fairy tail guild symbol looks like, just go to another tab and google "fairy tail symbol" then go to images.

I don't own the anime Fairy Tail (hence why this is a fan fiction). All rights respectively go to Hiro Mashima, Funimation, Crunchyroll, and any other people who have helped make the anime.