Crazy Camille | Teen Ink

Crazy Camille

By CatHightower BRONZE, Mancos, Colorado
CatHightower BRONZE, Mancos, Colorado

"You don't know what you have till it's gone, but even once you're gone, you can still be reborn, and from the night arivves the sweet dawn." -Lauren Hill

Shall we start with the day this was published. Crazy Camille was just normal old Camille until she started reflecting on her life for the third time this week. She realized how horribly her father treated her all of her life. She didn't actually care for her father at all. Camille then started the day with feeding her three cats and her dog. That all went well. Then the cleaning lady came over. Carolyn let herself in like normal. Camille greeted her kindly, though Carolyn was surprised to find Camille reading a book on her phone, for normally Camille read paperbacks. Then Camille created a quiz on this website titled "Happy or not". She had difficulty in creating the quiz but she got it finished. Then she started writing a story of her life. I'm afraid that this is her story. If you wish to continue reading you might want to read during the daytime.
Soon after Camille started writing her story there was a knock at the door. She paused her music and set down her phone. When she answered the door, the person who knocked was holding a box addressed to Camille. She recognized the man so she let him in though she thought he was strange, that feeling went away when she saw his face. The man wore a white hoodie and dark blue jeans. He knew Camille very well, he knew her as though he was family, which he wasn't, nor was he a friend of Camille's. The man set the box on a table and left without saying a word.
Camille closed the door after the strange man left. She glanced at the box but decided to continue with her story. After writing a chapter she chose to open the box that the man gave to her. When Camille opened the box she saw a note card with words written in red ink. Then she noticed the package under the card. She read the card aloud. "Dear Camille. You may know a little bit about me but I have been watching you for years. I know your troubles with your father. I can help with that, but you must be up to the challenge. Sincerely, Jeff." After reading the card she remembered whom the man was. He was Jeff. Jeff the killer. Camille was honored that Jeff the killer visited her and was willing to help her get rid of her father for good. She ripped open the package. It was a knife, she knew that it was once Jeff's. She brought the knife to her room and continued writing her story. 

Incase you didn't know, Camille isn't crazy yet. Jeff brought her a package with a knife.

Later she became curious to where Jeff had gone, therefore Camille went into the forest behind her house to look for him. When she finally found him he was with an extraordinarily tall man with a blank expression and a person with a mask on. What got to Camille is how the mist was creeping towards the group. Camille internally rejoiced at seeing Slenderman and Eyeless Jack with Jeff the killer. They turned and went farther into the forest, Camille followed them. She saw a dog run up to Jeff and hoped it wouldn't tell him that she had followed them. That would be bad.

Camille's P.O.V.
After walking for what seemed like ages the three men slowed down. I realized that I could still see my house. When my attention turned back to the men I saw that one other had joined their group, he kinda looked like an elf from a game one of my friends showed me. What was that game! Oh yea, it was LoZ, Majora's Mask (I know, I’m no good at spelling). Yea that was it. The new person to join the group was BEN. Sorry I got distracted. I really hoped that none of them had noticed me yet otherwise I was screwed...

Camille’s P.O.V.
I slinked around the group, hoping that they wouldn't be able to detect me. And I messed up. Jeff herd the twig snap and approached where the noise had come from. I scurried up the tree but I wasn't quite fast enough. Slender man grasped my waist with one of his tentacles and brought me down to earth, so to say. After that incident Jeff took my wrist and led me to the nearby shack. I heard a girl weeping inside and of course I went in because, yes, I'm that stupid. Inside the shack was a girl. The girl was Depressed Sally. Sally said something along the lines of
"Daddy, who is the pretty girl?"
I replied with "Well my name is Camille, what's yours?" I already knew her name but she didn't know that.
"Well miss Camille, my name is Sally. That is my Daddy." She responded pointing at Slender man. When Slender looked at Sally all I heard was static. Sally pulled me into the shack and told me not to tell any of the secrets that Sally was about to tell me. She had told no one else besides Slender, of course. So I told her that I wouldn't tell anyone else. Those secrets drove me over the edge with rage, at no one particularly. I went back outside and talked to Jeff about getting rid of my father for good, because Sally asked my about my family so I told her a few things. Jeff looked up at the moon so did I. Well I would be stupid to not to know that my father was under the same moon, probably out partying, like always.
I grabbed the knife out of my pocket, the one Jeff gave to me, and, out of the corner of my eye, saw Jack do the same, only his 'knife' was a scalpel. I knew I had little chance of making it out alive now, but I kinda had an advantage, a little something called eyes. So, like the idiot I am I looked at Jack and watched him advance with his 'knife' drawn. Again, being an idiot, I stood my ground and lucky me I was standing in front of a tree and at I the last moment jumped aside, Jack ran into it, while he was dazed, from hitting his head so hard, I pressed my knife against the back of his neck. Jack got up very slowly until I just so happened to remove the knife, from his neck, accidently drawing some blood. I apologized and left Jack standing there facing the direction of my voice.
Jeff teased Jack about being defeated so easily. Jack retorted with something like "I would like to see you try winning when you can't see, so why don’t you just close your eyes and try. Huh? Oh yeah, that's right, you don’t have eyelids."
I knew that this could end badly so I stayed out of it, but sadly Jeff decided to charge me even though he couldn't complete E.J.'s so called dare. So I decided to grip my knife and through it at Jeff, lucky me it grazed his skin, but he still came closer and I now had no weapon. So much for my life, I was about to die. I looked around at the bystanders and saw that BEN was trying to encourage me but I still had no weapon. So I did the only logical thing, turn tail and run for my life until I Can find a tree that I can climb and hope that Jeff can't climb. Well I found my tree but Jeff could climb, so I grabbed the nearest broken branch and it was rather long so I could try and poke his eye from a distance. That worked for, oh, about a minute. I succeeded in poking his eye and making him stumble on the branch, oh, I forgot to mention that we did end up in the tree rather near the top, so yea, he almost fell off from only being able to see out of one eye for the time being. I continued to poke him and make him fall of the branch onto to next one down. I still shoved the stick at him and he continued to fall one branch to the next one down until he hit the ground. It was Jack's turn to laugh at Jeff. This time the others joined in and... that just pissed Jeff off even more than he already was. But Jeff was obviously upset and Jack still just a bit upset that I had beaten him and they charged me together.

Then again I felt comfortable taking on those two. So I was glad I didn't jump down from the tree I was in, then I noticed Jack under the branch I was standing on so I was stupid and jumped off of the lowest branch landing on Eyeless Jack. I took his scalpel and once more climbed the tree. Jeff climbed the tree after me. I was having so much fun so that I was laughing as I ran along the branches, when I stopped I faced Jeff. He was running at top speed so when I jumped up to the overhead branch Jeff ran of the edge of the branch.
Jeff, Jack, and Slendy (though I didn't actually fight Slendy)decided that was enough for tonight. When I jumped down from the tree, I saw the same dog I saw earlier, Smile Dog. I loved dogs so I went over to him and hugged him. Smile Dog growled at me because I hugged him but he put up with it. When he broke away, I went home.

[Y/N]'s P.O.V

Last night I was watching my favorite TV show when I heard one of the upstairs Windows break. Being the curious [Y/N] that I am, I decided to head upstairs. I grabbed the knife that was on the table, just in case. Lately there have been murders around here. Police say that some of the victims were partially eaten. My friend Camille has also gone missing, she was last seen at her dad's house covered in blood, his blood. I honestly can't blame her for killing him seeing that he not only disowned her but also abused her in many ways. I'm actually surprised that she could contain her urge to kill him for this long. Well I hope that it was only her coming here, and not some killer.

Camille's P.O.V.

I broke into [Y/N]'s house hoping that she would be there. She was at home, but I could tell that she was nervous. I started towards the stairs, running into [Y/N] on the way.
"Camille! Oh my, we need to get you cleaned up, I bet you haven't eaten since you went missing two days ago-"
"um actually I came here to tell you-"
"nope you're not saying anything till you-"
"[Y/N]! I'm not going to stay. I know about the recent murders and who killed those... people, that's why I can't stay, I know that I can trust you to not tell the authorities that the murderer is me." I looked down sadly " I have to go, soon. Sorry [Y/N]…"
Then I left…

Y/N]'s P.O.V.
I stood there, staring at where Camille was just a moment ago.
"Did I just hear what I think I did?" I asked no one particularly. In a trance like state, I went downstairs and sat on the couch. My TV started glitching out and I said something that I don't remember. I thought nothing of the glitches. Soon I realize that it is a warning. To what? I don't know. With the knowledge of what Camille has done, I might just follow her the next time I see her...

^time skip to three days later^

Earlier today I noticed that food was running low, finally deciding to go to the store after I got home from middle school. (if you are in high school/ working, please pretend that you are in 8th grade) I grabbed a twenty dollar bill and went to the town market. After I purchased some ramen, I saw Camille outside talking with a taller male in a white jacket.
"Wha-huh. How, wait... White jacket, male. It's either Callum or... no it couldn't be, he is just a fictional character. But Callum is just an inch taller than Camille's 5' 4 frame, and this guy is much taller than that... Plus his hair is much too long to be Callum's" I mumble that to myself, for I didn't want people to deem me crazy.
Camille and the male dashed off into the forest. A moment later I left the store and followed them.

^time skip to 5 minutes later^
"I am lost, hopelessly lost, in a forest, a freaking forest" *SNAP* I whirled around to see... Nothing. No deer, stray cat or dog, no bird or human.

Camille's P.O.V.
"I.........hopelessly.............forest" I recognize that voice. No, what would she be doing out here. It cannot be [Y/N], she wouldn't dare coming out here... *SNAP* S***!!!
"Jeff!" I whisper-yell "I think [Y/N] followed us"..................

I am Cat, they think Camille is just an OC.