The Edge of Thought | Teen Ink

The Edge of Thought

March 1, 2016
By psyhco SILVER, Colton, California
psyhco SILVER, Colton, California
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
faster, must go faster


Steven stood on the edge of the cliff with his phone and lion… and he thinks.
He thinks about all the things that have happened to him in the recent years; he thinks about the discovery of his gem weapon, of lapis and the others… finding out that Garnet was a fusion. He thinks of all the secrets that have been kept from him for his ‘safety’. Then his mind takes a darker turn; he thinks about the bad things, he remembers watching himself die, growing old and almost dying, and the time Peridot and Jasper came and took him away, Lapis sacrificing herself for his safety. He wonders if he will die tomorrow or the day after. He wonders what waits for him after.
He looks over at his phone and picks it up and goes to the camera app; he browses the pictures of him and Connie and he thinks of all the good times they had together. He thinks of how good they fight together, how they fused, and how they are with each other. He thinks of pearl, Garnet, Amethyst, Peridot, and Lapis… and he remembers who is waiting for him at home. His dad, Connie, Lars, and Sadie are all waiting to see him today or tomorrow. Steven smiles to himself and puts his phone in his pocket.
He decides not to take the extra step off the edge; Steven stands and wipes the tears from his face, “Come on lion.”


The author's comments:

this is a  fan fiction written by mefor Steven Universe (made by Rebbeca Sugar)