Never Gonna Give You Up (Vampire! Rick Astley | Teen Ink

Never Gonna Give You Up (Vampire! Rick Astley

January 19, 2016
By AgnosticTemplar BRONZE, Dousman, Wisconsin
AgnosticTemplar BRONZE, Dousman, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
What do you think the saddest thing in the world is? It’s not dying as you would think. It’s not being wanted by anyone.



“The number you are trying to reach is currently unavailable-”
“Damn it!” I had thrown my phone to the ground and barely missed a puddle on the ground. It was dark, it was cold, and I had no ride back to my dorm ten minutes away. If it wasn’t enough that I was all alone, my phone was being a jackass.
I tugged my coat tighter to my body as I pondered my options. Go back to my job at McChiken and hope someone would give me a ride, or walk when the possibility of more rain coming was high. I decided to go back to the fast food joint.
No one was outside, and it was very late, so I had chosen to take the alleyways.
Glass from shattered bottles laid all around and I struggled to maneuver around them. No noises sounded throughout the night besides my curses. Not even a car drove past.
That’s when it happened. It was faint sound, something I would have brushed off instantly if I wasn’t unaccompanied. I looked back. Nothing, yet the noise continued. I focused hard, and was able to interpret some of the mumbles, “You know the rules… and so do I…”
“Huh? Is anyone there?” I called out.
“A full commitment’s what I’m thinking of.. You wouldn’t get this from any other gu-” The thing coughed, “Vampire.”
My eyes widened as a figure stepped out from the darkness. It was a tall man, slim and dressed finely in a suit and tie. His brown hair was smoothed up and his red eyes shone through the dark. I recognized him. Rick Astley He lifted his hands and did a strange dance move type thing, “I~ Just wanna tell you how I’m feeling~ Gotta make you understand!”
I backed up a step, my breath freezing in my throat. He started stepping closer, his voice dropping to a sickening tone, “Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you escape~”
“No… No! Get away!” I screeched and turned. I ran as fast as I could down the alley. He followed, smiling creepily as he watched me struggle and yell.
“Never gonna let you run around and desert me~” He sang, chuckling, “Always gonna make you cry. You’re never gonna say goodbye. Always going to submit, and give me your blood!”
“NO! GET AWAY!” I screamed and ran straight into something ahead when I wasn’t looking. My tearful eyes dared to gaze up. I caught eyes with the red-eyed vampire grinning down, fangs poking from his blood stained lips. His previous victim, perhaps.
His voice softened to a whisper, “And if you ask me how I’m feeling, don’t tell me you're too blind to see….”

 


“I’m hungry.”


The author's comments:

Vampire! Rick Astley is life. This was a dare.