Hunter VS Huntress | Teen Ink

Hunter VS Huntress

May 6, 2015
By Fanfiction13 PLATINUM, Somewhere, Other
Fanfiction13 PLATINUM, Somewhere, Other
28 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
There's no fame without fans.


It was a cold winter night in Gotham City. The sky was red and all was silent. The Justice League was taking care of a breakout at Arkham Asylum. Artemis, apprentice of Green Arrow, was assigned to watch over Gotham for the night. “Of course I get assigned to something like this. Everyone else gets to help with the big missions while I’m stuck to lousy patrol.” Artemis is a fifteen year old girl who has long blonde hair always tied back in a ponytail. She also has a light green costume and mask. She is equipped with her incredible accuracy and green bow and arrow. “I wish just once they would trust me.”
Artemis decided to jump along more rooftops to see if there was anyone who needed help. All of a sudden someone screamed. She followed the noise, bow ready and aimed, and saw the origin of the noise. It was Huntress. “Stop right their Huntress!” Artemis yelled. “Not a chance greenie,” she replied with a sly smile. “ Put him down Huntress!” “If you say so.” Huntress shot an arrow from her cross bow and the man she was holding went limp.
Huntress was getting away, but Artemis had to attend to the injured man. His eyes were blue and shaking. His last words were “Don’t… let her… get… King-” His eyes rolled back. “This was odd,” Artemis thought. “Huntress usually didn’t kill without a reason and not for robbing banks or other petty crimes. No. She was looking for something, or someone. Artemis transformed her green motorcycle into a flying motorcycle and headed to Mount Justice.
“Artemis, 3065.” said the Mount Justice ai. Artemis headed to the main computer to find information on people whose aliases begin with or include king. There were a couple. She narrowed it down to people in the area of Gotham. Clock King and King Pin came up. “Clock King is in jail so that leaves King Pin. What’s he doing in Gotham? Shouldn’t he be in New York City? I need to figure out a way to find out where he is. Good thing Robin taught me some hacking skills.” The computer showed that Kingpin would be meeting with another person to discuss business at Secret’s Restaurant tonight at 10:00. Artemis jumped on her air motorcycle and headed back to Gotham.
Artemis arrived at Secret’s at 9:46. Secret’s was part of a large, extending stone building. It represented it was its building with violet neon lights. She saw a fat man in a white suit and no hair walking near the restaurant. The early arrival allowed Artemis to change into a suit and tie and untie her hair. She pretended to be calling someone on the phone when she bumped into King Pin. “Sorry sir,” she said. “It’s quite alright miss,” replied King Pin calmly. Artemis ran to the alleyway across the street to hear what he was saying through the bug she planted on him.
“Did you eliminate the target?” asked Kingpin. “I never miss my target.” replied the mysterious voice. “Here is your reward Mr. Lawton.” “Mr. Lawton. Great more trouble. Now Deadshot is in Gotham. I need to figure out who they eliminated.” said Artemis. All of a sudden there was the sound of glass breaking in Secret’s. Artemis quickly changed into her costume and saw Huntress fighting Kingpin. Where’s Deadshot?” asked Artemis. All of a sudden there was a red dot on Artemis’s chest. Artemis dodged out of the way of an incoming bullet. She saw where it came from and ran towards it. She climbed the ladder up a brick building. Up there was a man with a red eye patch and a bulletproof vest on. Deadshot. Artemis saw him run up to the very edge and jump. I saw him running to a black car. Artemis shot a grappling arrow to a building near the car. She used her bow to zip-line across it and land on the car. Artemis shot through the glass with an arrow and pulled out Deadshot. Artemis attacked him with a triple kick, but he grabbed her and flipped her on the ground. He pulled out a gun to shoot her, but Artemis kicked her feet to make him fall. She had an arrow pointed at his head. “Tell me who you’re target is,” demanded Artemis. “Sorry, I don’t speak about information for my missions. Also we both know you won’t shoot that arrow,” replied Deadshot. Artemis released the arrow into his leg. He held in a cry of pain. “Next time will be your head, talk.” “My target was Mr. Bertinelli.” “Thank you.” Artemis hit Deadshot in the face with her bow and knocked him out cold. She used a grappling arrow’s string to tie him up to a lamppost. “That’s why Huntress was after that man. To learn information on where King Pin was in Gotham. King Pin!”
Artemis rushed back to Secret’s to find  Huntress and King Pin fighting. Artemis raised her bow and released an arrow which knocked Huntress’s crossbow out of her hand. King Pin took that advantage to punch Huntress across the jaw disorienting her. King Pin was about to snap her neck when she kicked him across the face, hard. Artemis shot a smoke arrow to smoke the two’s location. Artemis put on the thermal vision in her mask to see through the smoke. Artemis grabbed a glass and smacked Huntress on the head with it and then for assurance hit her with her bow to knock her out. “I thank you for helping me intentionally or not, but I’m afraid I can’t have you leave so you can tell your friends to stop me.” said King Pin. Artemis jumped away from his attempt at a bear hug and shot him with horse tranquilizer which instantly knocked him out. Artemis went to tie Huntress up when where Artemis left her was a note. It said
"Not even bars will stop him from his demise. Get in my way again and I’ll kill you. He will die by my hands." 
                                                     “Not a chance.”