The Most Dangerous Man Chptr. 2 | Teen Ink

The Most Dangerous Man Chptr. 2

December 27, 2014
By The-Noir-Poet GOLD, Sandy, Utah
The-Noir-Poet GOLD, Sandy, Utah
18 articles 0 photos 19 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It is part of wisdom never to revisit to a wilderness... To return not only spoils a trip, but also tarnishes a memory." Aldo Leopold


As Ted drove through New York City, he kept glancing in the rear view mirror so he could be sure he was not followed. He was sure by now that security would have found Agent J in his former cell, and the two agents that got caught in the wrong place and at the wrong time. By now, all airports in the world would have his picture and description; all underworld agencies would have his picture and the promise of a substantial bounty. Lucky for him, he did not need to use an airport, and the agencies were a minor concern. He needed to find his old crew.
Ted kept driving for another hour until he arrived at the “bad” part of town. His old home, where he grew up, maybe Mother Teresa was still home.
He knocked on the door and waited. Several seconds passed and he was rewarded with the sound he knew since early childhood, the shuffling of slippers on decade’s old Canadian oak wood. A frail looking woman opened the door and looked at him. He smiled, mother Teresa had not changed at all.
“Hello Mother.” Ted greeted his old nanny. “I’ll need to use the phone.”
“Teddy”, she replied with a smile as she moved aside, permitting him to enter, and locking the door behind him. “You know that this place will always be available to you. No need to ask for permission.”
Ted smiled as he picked up the phone. No line. ‘Well, that was faster than expected.’ He thought as he hung the phone. He looked at Mother Teresa. “I’m sorry, but did you pay the bill?” She sighed and went to her room, emerging seconds later with a suitcase and a holster for her silenced revolver. She had also been the one to teach him to shoot and not waste ammunition. He nodded and she went back into her room, to change to less conspicuous clothes. She still dressed like a nun.
Ted checked the ammo count in his revolver and glock, all clips full, and several clips of ammo in his pockets. Mother Teresa emerged from her room after five minutes looking like an unassuming bussiness woman. He grabbed her suitcase with his left hand and his silenced glock with his right as she strapped both her holsters to her chest and secured them. They both went to the basement where she had several cars and got into the least conspicuous one. This “mission” was all about stealth, so they had to look the part if they were to slip under S.H.I.E.L.D’s nose.
Starting the engine, he took a deep breath, then looked at his mother. “I’m sorry, but we can’t come back here.” She sighed and dug from her breast pocket a detonator.
“I was always ready for something like this,” she said. “I never wanted it to come true though. This should be enough to destroy the house and the basement. Plus anything or anyone left standing as far as 50 meters.”
They drove away in silence for several minutes, but almost from the beginning of the drive, “civilian” operatives were pursuing them. Mother Teresa pressed the detonator and selected the countdown, choosing 60 seconds. It was obvious because they were the only black SUV’s that were tailgating. Ted groaned, “If this is the best S.H.I.E.L.D can do, they are doomed.” Mother Teresa chuckled, and lit a Cuban cigar, from when she was on the islands. “I’ve been saving this for a moment like this.” She said as Ted looked at her. She puffed and let out a cloud of smoke as black as a thunder cloud. Ted swore it would have started to crackle with lightning if he had not opened a window to let the smoke out. He did not smoke, drink, or participate in drugs, prostitution or anything that might endanger his overall health. Mother Teresa looked at him with a laughing smile on her face.
“Ted my boy, you have to relax.” She said as she puffed again. “It’s been 20 years since I took a good puff from a Cuban cigar.”
“You could have waited until we got to Mexico.” Ted replied sternly. “I need you to get rid of our company.”
She cackled and pressed a button that gave her complete control of the vehicles weapons. She grabbed the joystick and aimed at the leading vehicle. “See you later, son of a-”
“Mother! You have to try harder at being a normal person!” he said. He also did not advocate foul language; he believed it degraded the image of anyone that used it. A flash of light indicated that the house had been successfully destroyed. That brought Mother Teresa’s attitude under control. She gripped the joystick tightly and launched a barrage of grenades that stuck to the lead car. After several seconds of panic, they detonated flipping the car end over end.
“Just like this until we get to Texas.” Ted said. Mother Teresa sighed and aimed again.


The author's comments:

I need reviews! and Comments! and lots of love!