Lunch Table Dispute | Teen Ink

Lunch Table Dispute

By JustinwithaV GOLD, Belleville, New Jersey
JustinwithaV GOLD, Belleville, New Jersey

"As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again."
-Scarlett O'Hara

“You can’t be serious Claire!” Diana exclaimed. “Sitting with those losers will like totally wreck your reputation!”
Claire just ignored Diana and continued to sit with Allison and Brian. She gave up on caring what the “popular” girls thought about her and was fed up with hearing how Bender wasn’t the “right” guy for her.
“I’m sorry Diana,” Claire responded sarcastically earlier that day, “but next time I’ll consider your feelings when picking a boyfriend like you did. Oh wait! Aren’t you dating my ex Brad?”

Diana still felt the need to comment on everything Claire was doing and at lunch it all came to ahead.

“Listen Diana,” Claire glared her down. “How about focus on the fact that your Calvin’s are falling apart and old as dirt, instead of who I sit with?”

This, of course, made Diana extremely red in the face-both with anger and humiliation at the fact that Claire had noticed the hole. Diana stomped off into the other direction and Claire was finally able to have a bite of her California Roll. Both Allison and Brian laughed a loud at Claire’s insult. Allison and Brian hadn’t received judgment for hanging out, so it was entertaining to see how Andy and Claire dealt with it.

It had been a study period when Andy sat in between both of Allison and Brian. While talking to them, Andy started getting crap from the other wrestlers and kept getting notes asking, “Why?”

“It’s my damn life who I hang out with!” Andy answered heatedly. “Either deal with it or eat dog crap!”

The reminder of that morning made them start laughing all over again. Claire thought it was weird and just continued eating lunch with them. Just then Bender came out of nowhere and held Claire around her waist.

“How’s it going sweetie?” Bender joked. “I see you have the laughing brigade here with ya.”

“Yeah they’ve been laughing for a good minute. Have you seen Andy?” Claire asked.

“Saw wrestler boy hauling in his crate of food,” Bender pointed over to Andy carrying his lunch bag, i.e. his sports bag.

“By the way, apparently being seen with you is a felony with my friends,” Bender continued while sitting next to Claire. “It looks like they look down on me for it.”

“Dealing with the same thing,” Claire said. “Actually dealt with the same thing; these two saw how I handled Claire.”

“You knocked her lights out?” Bender asked curiously.

“Umm no,” Claire replied.

“Ah! Well I followed my logic and all my friends seem to not care anymore,” Bender smiled slyly.

“You’re such a Neanderthal,” Claire giggled.

“Oh, you know you like your monkey man,” Bender held Claire closer to him. “Oh oh ah ah!”

“HO! Get a room guys!” Andy sat next to Allison.

“Plus Neanderthals are a type of cavemen,” Brian corrected. “Not monkeys.”

“Shut it and eat your PB and J brain boy,” Bender responded.

They all continued eating lunch, oblivious to the surprised eyes of the surrounding spectators. They all were flabbergasted that the jock, princess, basket case, brain, and criminal were sitting together.

This is fan fiction about the breakfast club after Saturday detention on Monday.