Ode to a Moyashi | Teen Ink

Ode to a Moyashi

By kaite1211 BRONZE, Cheshire, Connecticut
kaite1211 BRONZE, Cheshire, Connecticut

To be or not to be... that is the question."

I always had to keep up with the standard that I had set for myself. I had to distance myself from others so that I could focus on finding that person, but then I realized that I would never find that person, because I was with them when they left this world.
When I had met the Moyashi, his bright personality was a beacon in a dark stormy night. I was lost, and I was found, but I had stubbornly refused to believe that it was so.
A part of me wanted to remain anti-social and rude. After all of those years, I had lost the ease of socilization, and grew to love the silence of being alone... at least, that was what I told myself, that it was what I had wanted. But I was lying to myself.
I wanted to have friends. I wanted to laugh, to cry, and if the situation called for it, stand up for them. But my reputation stood before me, and I was no longer an approachable person.
In this case, the Moyashi had helped me. After I had found that person once again, they were on their true death bed, and the Moyashi allowed us to say good bye. I was given the chance to be free afterwards, but I came back anyway. I now had a debt to pay, and nothing could get in the way of that, even if the Moyashi had escaped himself.
So as I write this simple Ode about someone I'd rather dislike, I am searching for them, and whether they like it or not, I'm going to repay my debt to them.

This fan fiction is in the Kanda's point of view from D. Gray-Man, but you don't need to read the series to understand this particular fan fiction. On a side note, "Moyashi" is bean sprout in Japanese, and is a nickname that Kanda uses for a character named Allen Walker.