Ode to a Moyashi | Teen Ink

Ode to a Moyashi

December 7, 2012
By kaite1211 BRONZE, Cheshire, Connecticut
kaite1211 BRONZE, Cheshire, Connecticut
2 articles 2 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
To be or not to be... that is the question."


I always had to keep up with the standard that I had set for myself. I had to distance myself from others so that I could focus on finding that person, but then I realized that I would never find that person, because I was with them when they left this world.
When I had met the Moyashi, his bright personality was a beacon in a dark stormy night. I was lost, and I was found, but I had stubbornly refused to believe that it was so.
A part of me wanted to remain anti-social and rude. After all of those years, I had lost the ease of socilization, and grew to love the silence of being alone... at least, that was what I told myself, that it was what I had wanted. But I was lying to myself.
I wanted to have friends. I wanted to laugh, to cry, and if the situation called for it, stand up for them. But my reputation stood before me, and I was no longer an approachable person.
In this case, the Moyashi had helped me. After I had found that person once again, they were on their true death bed, and the Moyashi allowed us to say good bye. I was given the chance to be free afterwards, but I came back anyway. I now had a debt to pay, and nothing could get in the way of that, even if the Moyashi had escaped himself.
So as I write this simple Ode about someone I'd rather dislike, I am searching for them, and whether they like it or not, I'm going to repay my debt to them.


The author's comments:
This fan fiction is in the Kanda's point of view from D. Gray-Man, but you don't need to read the series to understand this particular fan fiction. On a side note, "Moyashi" is bean sprout in Japanese, and is a nickname that Kanda uses for a character named Allen Walker.