A New Avengers Rises Prologue | Teen Ink

A New Avengers Rises Prologue

By sandhawk3000 PLATINUM, Collinsville, Connecticut
sandhawk3000 PLATINUM, Collinsville, Connecticut

“No! Put me down!" came a yell, the voice sounding frantic and scared as two full-sized grown men carried dragged the slightly sedated girl through S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters. The sedation was almost completely worn-off by this time though, they hadn’t accounted for how her genetically-enhanced body would deal with the sedatives. A normal dosage only lasted half the time on her apparently, and they had not accounted for that. “Put me down!” she screamed, her voice scared. This was all too familiar of the place that she had grown up in. This girl appeared like any normal eighteen year old girl, a little bit pale...a lot malnourished, and a bit more gangly. Her wild thrashings surprised the men that were holding her, not having expected the thin girl to be so strong and so scared.

S.H.I.E.L.D had done a raid on the place that had been holding her, she had been one of the few subjects that hadn’t died or become too changed to recognize as a human. Oh, and the odd thing. This girl had strange wing-like protrusions from her back. She hadn’t really ever thought they were strange...just something that maybe she had, and the people that experimented on her didn’t. There was was a pause in the thrashings as her teeth sank down into the man’s arm that was closest to her mouth, overly sharp canines sinking in hard and deep the bone snapping audibly, a pained cry escaping the man’s mouth. He didn’t wait, the back of his hand striking against her face hard. The force of it causing them to lose their grip, and she fell to the floor. Sitting on her knees, and spitting his blood out onto the floor.

A low hiss escaped her lips, or whatever human equivalent was close to a hiss. She’d heard one of the subjects that resembled a human more than a cat make that noise, and the scientists had sunk away from him. The girl sit there, in a white tank top, the dark-red letters 1782 tattooed onto her right shoulder. She didn’t know her own name, she’d only ever been called by that number. Though the files that S.H.I.E.L.D had taken from the place proved her name to be Kara Trent, taken from her parents at a young age without their permission, the experiments having been administered to her mother by a doctor who was working for the organization. The white capri-length pants were torn at the bottom, and she was barefoot. The visible parts of her body were covered in bruises and scratches. Some of the cuts dark and old, others bright and fresh.

She sit on her knees, and one of the S.H.I.E.L.D agents moved fast and cuffed her wrists together. The case-file said something about control over fire. The cuffs would put an end to that. Her eyes went wide as they did this, and she forced herself back against the wall with her legs. Her left eye was emerald green, the right one bright blue. She stared up at the agents with almost hollow eyes, not understanding why they were doing this to her. What was this strange place, she didn’t know that she was on a airship. She only remembered falling asleep. There was a fresh mark against her cheek from the blow the agent had given her, she didn’t know if she’d ever be able to forgive him...she hadn’t forgiven anybody ever.

“Go away!” she yelled, refusing to move any closer to the man that was trying to get a hold of her shoulder.

Just a thing. Not sure if I'll carry on with it.