Assassin's Creed Christmas (Sorta) part 4 | Teen Ink

Assassin's Creed Christmas (Sorta) part 4

January 21, 2011
By VampireX GOLD, Spotsylvania, Virginia
VampireX GOLD, Spotsylvania, Virginia
18 articles 0 photos 81 comments

“Well this is…” she paused and looked at me. “Zak.” I said, extending my hand. She took it and I leaned down and kissed hers. Charlotte rolled her eyes, “So where’s Minny?” she asked. “She’s with her grandmother this Christmas.” Her mom said, eyes still studying me. “I did make dinner for two, but if your friend is staying…” I backed up, “Oh, I didn’t want to intrude.”

“Nonsense.” Her mother said, planting a smile on her face, “You simply must stay, it’s getting colder anyway.” How did I fit myself into this corner? Oh yeah, I came inside. Charlotte led me to the table and sat me down, then sat beside me. Her mother served pasta and sat across from me. “So,” she said, “What do you do for a living?” She wanted to play me in a battle of wits? Fine. “I work wherever I can find it.” I said, putting a forkful of pasta into my mouth, “I’ve never found the right job for me.” She nodded then asked, “How did you meet my daughter?” Charlotte went into great detail on how I fought three men, one being Toby, and escorted her home. Her mother nodded, “What were you doing there?” she asked. “I was going to a job offering as a cart runner’s assistant.” I said after a short pause, “Then I heard your daughter and I forgot about the job.” We ate for a while in silence, then once we were finished Charlotte asked if I could stay. “Oh I couldn’t.” I said, knowing her mother probably didn’t like me. “Of course you can stay! Right mom?” she asked, looking expectantly at her mom. Her mom was silent for the longest time, “Guest room.” She finally muttered.


The author's comments:
Sorry it took so long with snow and all. So here's part 4!