Destiny | Teen Ink

Destiny

By HeatherMReid BRONZE, Farmingdale, New Jersey
HeatherMReid BRONZE, Farmingdale, New Jersey

Destiny is what you make of it.

She looked out the window one last time as the limo pulled away from the curb. She was leaving behind everything she ever knew, and everyone she ever loved. Yet she still couldn't find it in herself to regret the decision. In just a short while she would be on a plane, flying to her new life and home. She had always believed the crappie line that people had fed her when she was younger; 'God has a plan for everyone, including you.' She couldn't help but laugh bitterly as she thought about it. If god had a plan, why had her life been such crap lately? Why had it been so good, but then worse? She didn’t buy into the; 'Your destiny is already planned out' crap. Never had, and never will.

So I believe that some things are meant to be.

Destiny is what you make. No one controls your life but you. At least, that’s what she'd like to think. But it was nearly impossible with all the people around constantly telling her what she could and couldn't, even should and shouldn't do. Would it ever change? She couldn't bring herself to regret her decision to leave. She wasn’t capable of feeling remorse right now. And she knew she was hurting those who loved her in the process, but she needed to do this.

I also believe that our everyday choices can change that as well.

As she looked back one more time she saw the last person she expected to come out waving her off. It was HIM. She loved him, she truly did, but she couldn’t stay. She had to do this. With one more look back at him her heart broke. All of the sudden the reality of the choice she was about to make came crashing down on her. She couldn’t do this, she couldn’t leave everything behind, and she couldn’t leave him behind! He had wanted to come with her, but would he still feel the same?

I guess that means that you can choose to get back on course with destiny if you want to.

And just like that she realized, it didn’t matter, nothing mattered is he wasn’t there with her. She instructed the driver to turn around, hoping he would still be there. When she saw he was no longer standing there she immediately dashed into the house.

"Where is he?" She all but screamed at her sister.

"He went home, said something about packing and getting out of town..." Her sister started.

"I have to stop him." She screeched as she ran for the door.

"But what about all of your plans?" Her sister asked worriedly.

"Screw my plans! I can't leave him behind. Not again." She said as she rushed out the door as fast as her feet would carry her. She ran and jumped back into her limo, quickly uttering the new destination to the driver. And then the fast, yet silent ride to his house began. She just hoped she would get there in time.

Life is about choices.

The limo came to a stop and she quickly dashed out, and up to the front door. She pounded mercilessly on the door, all the while muttering to herself. She stopped her pounding when an elderly woman stepped out of the house next door.

"Sugar, he left already. Said his goodbyes and all." The elderly woman said.

"What do you mean left?" She asked.

"He said he had to leave, and he probably wasn't coming back." The woman explained.

"Do you know where he went by any chance?" She questioned, frantic for some kind of answer.

"Yeah, the airport. He said he had to stop someone from getting on a plane. I recognized the look in his eyes though, young love in the works." The woman smiled.

"And you’re sure he said airport?" She yelled.

"I’m positive. If you don't mind me asking, why are you looking for him?" The woman asked.

"Because..." She paused, "I’m that girl that he's trying to stop." She smiled as she ran back to her limo.

"Well good luck!" The woman called after her.

And new beginnings.

As she arrived at the airport, she heard her flight being called. She ran as fast as she could to Gate A hoping he would still be there. She found him slumped over in a chair on his phone.

"Yeah, the flight just took off. I mean I lost her forever." He sobbed into his phone. She couldn't help but smile at the fact that he wanted her. After everything he still wanted her.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that." She called out, walking up next to him. She watched as he snapped his head up and looked at her with amazement, but most importantly, love.

"My god, I thought you were on that plane. I thought I lost you forever. What are you doing here?" He asked as he grabbed her hand and pulled her down into the seat next to him.

"I couldn't do it. I left you behind more than once, and we've both ran away plenty of times because we were scared. But I just couldn't do it again. I need you, I love you." She smiled as she brought her hands up to cup his face.

"You know your London fans are going to be pissed." He said with a laugh.

"Yeah, and your point is what? I don’t care, as long as I have you by my side. And what do you mean my London fans will be pissed? Does that mean you don't want to do the whole rock star thing with me anymore?" She smiled.

"I don't care where we are, or what were doing, or how were living as long as I'm with you. I love you Jude, I mean it. Marry me for real this time." He smiled.

"Yes. I love you so much. God, yes!" She exclaimed as tears streamed down her face. She pulled him into a kiss. A kiss that could only even start to rival the passion shared before between them. And as the chorus of 'Awe' and 'How sweet' echoed from all around them, she realized this was her destiny, to be here in his arms, forever...

Maybe we have a new beginning left in all of us. Maybe that’s destiny.