R6S What happened when Maverick went missing | Teen Ink

R6S What happened when Maverick went missing

By CalebDeanLikesMemes BRONZE, Williamsport, Ohio
CalebDeanLikesMemes BRONZE, Williamsport, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"I said "Juvenile delinquents eat chocolate cake, so chocolate cake must cause Juvenile delinquency." Nobody listened to me, I wasn't on TV."- Stan Lee

Bostanian Thorn is extremely intelligent. At least, that’s what he hears all his teachers say about him. He was in high school as a Freshman and was at the top of all his classes. The teachers would try to give him more difficult subjects, but he would just surpass them by far. He was taking the highest and most educational classes the school offered, but he could get straight A’s without even trying. Every day he would just breeze through and not really try to talk to anyone. At first he tried to raise his hand and answer questions, but since he would go so in depth with each answer the teachers just stopped calling on him. He would raise his hand and the teacher would look past him at someone else and he would put his hand down and just slightly grin knowing that they could never fully understand just how smart he is. He would go home and ask his parents the same thing, “Can I go and explore the neighborhood?” and they would always reply with the same answer, “It is a dangerous world, kids can no longer go out and explore without being at risk”. He would ask anyways. He decided to join the Marines hoping it would bring adventure and fun into his life and he could finally go and explore just like he had always wanted to do when he was younger. He had no idea just how much adventure and danger this would bring. He should have listened to his parents.

When he was sent to retrieve information at a terrorist compound he was captured and was waiting to be interrogated. The only thing delaying this was his only partner who was sent in to help him on this mission and right now he could hear his screams of pain and knew two things one is that it would soon be his turn if he didn’t get out of here now and the other is that his partner would not survive the interrogation. He was in a metal chair with leather straps on both legs and arms. He was seeing if he could struggle out of them when he felt his skin get cut wide open and for a second almpost yelped; not in pain, but out of surprise. He smiled to himself and knew this was a blessing in disguise. He began to rub his arm strap along it until it was cut open and then he reach across and undid the other arms and then the legs. He got up and nearly fell down from the dizziness and pain, but he sucked it up and hid behind the door. When the guard came in to check on him he grabbed the guard and choked him out. He noticed the utility belt on the guard and that it had a 5.7 pistol, a military knife and a few flash bangs. He was thinking of an escape out when he remembered that he needed the USB drive that had the information he needed. He remembered seeing it on one of the guards that were killing his partner so he slowly crept over to the room where they were and saw three guards. He didn’t remember which one exactly had it and he knew what he had to do. He kicked the door open and immediately shot and killed two of the guards when the third one jumped on him with a bayonet and that's when the struggle began. The guard was on him and tried to drive the knife into his heart when his military training came to him and he smacked it out of his hand and punched the guard right in the face. This seemed to stun the guard and he rolled for the knife when the guard recovered and kicked him in the back of the head. His head was pounding and he had a crazy stupid idea. He rolled away from the guard and pretended to be cowering when he slipped one of the flashbangs into his hand from the belt. When the guard bent over to pick up the knife he pulled the pin from the flashbang and held onto it and then at the last second threw it, turned around, and covered his ears. The moment he heard it go off he turned back around grabbed the knife out of the now blind guard and stabbed him in the heart. It was too merciful of a death for someone who assisted in torturing his partner to death. He searched the pockets of all the guards and didn’t find the USB drive until he search the last guards pockets. He turned around and just started running trying to find an exit and what felt like hours later he stumbled out of the building and found himself in a hot and dry desert. He didn’t know what to do and was so tired and light headed he just collapsed onto the ground. Only a few moments later he heard the helicopter landing and knew it was the enemy coming to finish him off. All he could think of was how devastated his parents were going to be when they found out that their son went against their orders and was killed in combat. He also knew that they would not give him a quick death and he would most likely be tortured to death, but when he looked up he saw a man in a expensive suit walking towards him. When the man arrived the first thing he said was

“I am part of a top secret elite task force that works to combat all threats to the nation foreign and domestic. We are known as “R6” and we are really intrigued at your intelligence and the way you respond in combat. We are here to make you an offer that we feel you will be really interested in.”

I love playing R6S and Maverick not only looks kind of like me, but is also smart like me and I really enjoy playing as him. I doubt this will really line up with what actually happened, but it was my first ever fan fiction piece and I hope you enjoy it!