My Most Prized Possession | Teen Ink

My Most Prized Possession

By milap SILVER, Lemont, Illinois
milap SILVER, Lemont, Illinois

"It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal."
By~ Joaquin phoenix

Hu hu hu hu hu. My puppy panted as she runs with me on the wooded path. She carried a bone in her mouth as she ran to her favorite spot. Her long legs thumped to the ground as she ran a steady pace. There were branches and rocks everywhere on the secluded path, creating hurdles for us to jump over. Her fur is a pale white that glistens in the sun with different sized spots all over varying from the color light brown, gray, to black. When she runs she looks like a bright flash of white, her fur is completely illuminated by the high sun. She stops to take a break and starts to roll over and stretch in the warm sun, the long green grass along the path covering her. All you can see is her bright blue and gold speckled eyes, with a white circle around her eyes. The white circle looks like a fireworks in her eyes. Once we reach her favorite spot along the path and she stops, sniffs around the aged tree with green moss growing on it, and diggs. The red/ brown dirt mixed with clay got all over her nose, paws and stomach. She dug a long narrow deep hole and placed her old yellow bone inside and covered it. She immediately starts to run again, but this time it was across the way, and into the small pond where she dives in with a big splash, and starts to paddles around and clean herself off. I whistle to her with a long sharp noise, and she jumps out and we start to run back home, knowing that when we get there she will be tired enough to fall asleep for a whole day.