Emily in Double Trouble | Teen Ink

Emily in Double Trouble

“Uh-oh!” Emily was in big trouble. First of all her brother, Joshua who was only 3 years old was a very mischievous young boy, and Second because their was this evil dude who wanted to capture them ever since he killed Emily and Joshua’s parents and siblings.

“Joshua, where are you? Joshua? Not again.” sighed Emily. Emily started running around calling out “Joshua!”

“Boo!” shouted Joshua, who suddenly jumped out from behind the bushes in which he was hiding.

“Can you please stop playing silly jokes?” asked Emily, who was really distressed.

“You will see when I decide to stop playing silly jokes.” Joshua said with a slight laughter. He then just ran off to play with his toys in the abandoned cabin they had found when they fled their hometown, away from the rest of their family afraid of being found by the evil man.

“It’s Dinner time,” called Emily, who had made some salad and soup with a little bit of bread.

“You messing my game up!” cried Joshua.

“I am sorry but we have to find a new home. This home has already been found by the evil person. So we have to run early tomorrow morning in order to get out of the woods before he gets

into the woods” explained Emily.

“Fine, Guess you wight,” said Joshua a little sadly, because he didn’t want to leave the woods he loved so much. He went and joined Emily for dinner.

Then next day, they ran for 1 hour till Emily got tired from first running a lot, and second, from Joshy who kept hiding.

“Are we dere yet?” asked Joshua.

“There is no “there” right now!” replied Emily. “Joshy, Joshy,

Joshua !? There is no time to play!” Emily yelled.

“Ha, ha, ha! I was behind you the whole time.” laughed Joshua.

“When are you going to stop?” asked Emily, who was getting very annoyed at her brother. Before Joshua could answer, they heard a “Crunch! Crunch, crunch, crunch!” They saw the big shadow of a person. Only Emily could tell who that was.

“What was dat big sissy?” asked the scared Joshua.

“It’s, it’s, Yrrah Rettop!” exclaimed Emily.

“Who is dat?” asked Joshua.

“No time for questions Joshy, just RUN!!” yelled Emily. They ran for their life. They ran a lot till Joshua asked, “Are dey still behind us?” “I hope not.” replied Emily. Emily slowly turned around to check, there was no sign of Yrrah Rettop, but there was Fairy Aluza!! “Yikes!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!” shouted Emily. Aluza had turned into her biggest form which was 10 feet tall and 5 feet wide. Joshua was so tired he could not run fast enough, so he pulled Emily over to the deep dark forest so they could rest, hoping Aluza didn’t follow. They took a short nap but woke up to the sound of feet. They froze and hid behind a tree. Since fairy Aluza stole faces she put on someone else's face and came to Joshua and Emily, and asked, “Do you need help?” Joshua said “Ye-”, but Emily stopped him because she couldn’t trust her. “Who are you?” demanded Emily. “Lily.” Aluza lied. Emily still didn’t trust her so she said, “We’re fine.” “Okay, I will be right down the path then.” said Aluza glumly. Her plan was to obviously try and make Emily and Joshua to follow her to their DDD: DEATH DOOM and DESPAIR!!!!!!

“Why didn’t you let me say Yes? We do need help! We’re stranded in the middle of a dark forest! Why would you not say yes to someone who was trying to help us????!!!!! exclaimed Joshua. “I couldn’t trust that “Lily” lady, because I knew she was Aluza! I saw her changing back into her regular old self when your back was turned talking about how I should have let you say yes and BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!! That means

Yrrah Rettop and Fairy Aluza are still very close behind and we have to continue moving!”

Joshua felt like his sister had more reasoning for why they should run so he followed Emily to a place they knew that Yrrah Rettop and Fairy Aluza would not be able to find them. They set up camp there and then used their potion that their Aunt Ginny had gave them; a potion that made you really, really small. It could make you as small as a house fly.  They made sure to pour a little bit on their tent and everything else so everything would be just the right size, you wouldn’t want to have stuff that are too big for you! They set up camp on the top of a tree where they didn’t think Yrrah Rettop and Fairy Aluza would find them. And…… YESSSS They were safe for that night! Joshua fell asleep right away, feeling really tired. Emily stayed up thinking how to get rid of Yrrah Rettop and Fairy Aluza. Joshua had started listening which was a big help! She pondered for a few minutes then remembered the book that Aluza had dropped behind when she came to “help” them. She got the book from her backpack and started reading. She flipped to the table of contents and read…

1-5=About Potions

6-9=Magic Spells

10-21=About Fairies

22-23=Destroying Magical People

24-25=About Wands

“Found it!” Emily yelled. “Found what?” asked Joshua who had woken up suddenly from sleeping. “I found how to get rid of Yrrah Rettop and Fairy Aluza!” Joshua who felt interested all of a sudden, came to see. “What does it say?” asked Joshua. “It says all you need to destroy the fairy is to destroy the fairies owner. So basically we are trying to destroy Yrrah Rettop. You need their precious book and a wand (pages 24-25). You first get the book and then make the wand and stab the book with the wand to destroy them completely. You also have to be at least 5 meters away from them. That seems pretty easy if we work together, I mean we already have the book, we just need to make the

wand.” “I am in on it, are you?” Emily said. “If it means to get rid of those people who killed our family, then YES! Joshua exclaimed. “Let’s start in the morning.” said Emily “Can we get some sleep first?” asked Joshua. “I said in the MORNING!” Emily yelled. So they slept peacefully throughout the night. In the morning, Joshua awoke to Emily reading the book. Joshua realized that he was still small and asked, “Emily, where is the potion bottle for making me bigger?” “It’s right under your nose. Well not literally but you get the idea.” It turns out the Joshua was sitting on the potion. He needed help pouring the bottle so he asked Emily to help him out.

He got his breakfast and then sat next to Emily looking over her shoulder every now and then. “Okay, we have to make the wand now. Joshua get a nice sturdy twig, and some leaves, I will get 3 cups of hot water, and 1 cup of dirt.” explained Emily. “Okay.” sighed Joshua in relief that he didn’t have to do the messy part. They set off and decided to meet back at their camp by 12:00 p.m, which was a nice, solid hour to find everything.

When they met back up they worked together to make the wand.

Instructions:

Put everything in a pot minus the twig
Mix everything up with the twig
Wait for about half an hour
Add the twig in
Let the twig sit for around 1 hour
Take the twig out and let it dry for about 20 minutes
And then use!
Emily and Joshua carefully prepared the wand and followed every instruction carefully, even though there was barely anything to it. They had to make sure the wand actually worked because they didn’t want to go and then nothing works out for them. So Emily took the wand and found a spell in the book that made a tree disappear. Luck for them, it worked!

After lunch that very day they packed up and set off to find Yrrah Rettop and Aluza. As they were walking Joshua spotted something big moving in the distance. “I think I see Yrrah Rettop!” exclaimed Joshua. Emily and Joshua followed Yrrah Rettop to his place that he called “Home” and went inside. Inside it smelt like moldy cheese.
Joshua and Emily had to plug their noses to stop themselves from fainting. They waited for Yrrah Rettop and Aluza to start eating their midday meal so they could……… STRIKE!!!!!!

“Joshua you hold the book, and I hold the wand. When I count to 3, you hold the book out and I will stab!” said Emily.

Suddenly, before Joshua and Emily even got ready someone JUMPED at them. They had been spotted! Yrrah Rettop!!

Emily Yelled, “JOSHUA! I am going to stab the book, be ready!!!

“I am ready!” yelled Joshua.

Emily striked but missed. She tried again, and again…. And finally with all her focus hit the book with one last blow and held! Both Aluza and Yrrah Rettop could not activate any of their powers now. They were slowly shrinking to the ground, until it looked like nothing had ever been there before. Everything seemed to be shrinking that Yrrah Rettop and Aluza had owned. The book, the wand… everything.

Emily and Joshua were so excited, they headed back to their village and celebrated the destruction of Yrrah Rettop and his fellow companion, Fairy Aluza, and Joshua’s late 4th birthday.

“Congratulation!” “Great Job!” “You did it!” “We knew you could do it!” “Amazing!” “How did you do it?” “YEAH!!!!” everyone in the village was celebrating with Emily and Joshua being the spotlights.

Emily and Joshua moved into their Aunt Ginny’s house but still owned their own house, and visited often!

Everyone lived happily ever after, UNTIL……