Him | Teen Ink

Him

By realisant_mon_espoir SILVER, Olympia, Washington
realisant_mon_espoir SILVER, Olympia, Washington

"I don't know where I'm going from here but I promise it won't be boring." -David Bowie

The sound of clapping and a bass drum filled the air but all she could think of was him. She searched ignoring the smiling crowd of faces and searched looking, hoping, finding only disappointment. Her heart sank. Once again she felt alone. As she walked away from the crowd she tried to tell herself that everything was okay. Her thoughts stopped in their tracks as her eyes land on him, paces ahead of her already halfway down the stairs she began to move. He looked back and she smiled hoping that he was looking for her too. Finally she was down the stairs and she opened her mouth to call to him as she noticed that he was talking with two other girls and once again her heart sank. She asked herself why she was so foolish to think that he could have liked her, that he was hoping to see her, to spend time with her. She looked up, exsausted from the days draining notions and she smiled. He had stopped and was looking at her. It was clear his eyes were locked on her. He called her name and she walked over. She once again had hope. Her day had already gotten better.

I wrote this walking home from school, I liked it .