Puppy Love | Teen Ink

Puppy Love

By Angeles2003 SILVER, Eminence, Kentucky
Angeles2003 SILVER, Eminence, Kentucky

I’ve been living in this box on this same street, since the day I was born. No one picked me up to take me home, like they took my brothers and sisters. Well, what do I expect? I was always the runt of the litter. I’m always hyper and jumpy. When I was about to give up, Jake came along and took me home!! When he bent over to lift me up, I couldn’t help myself. I was hopping up and down for almost a whole twenty minutes. When we got to his house, he gave me a plate of spaghetti. It was the best meal I’ve had in months! After I finished, he let me sleep at the foot of his bed.

The next morning, I woke up to see that he was gone. I wasn’t worried. Instead, I was curious of my new home. I looked through the entire house with excitement. I was sniffing and jumping on everything.
Then, an hour or two passed. I was very bored. Then, Jake came back with four huge bags. He had bags of dog food, bowls, and I even got my very own dog collar!! With my name “Buddy” on it. I was so happy again!! I thanked him by covering him with kisses and hugs. He surprised me today. I was so glad he did until…
“Hey Buddy!!” Jake announced, “This is Jessica!!”  The tall woman with long blonde hair walked through the doors. She looked at me with a smile. I smiled back. Thinking I should give her a chance of reaching to my expectations of dating Jake.

“Time for lunch!”, Jake said with excitement. Jessica sat at the table waiting for Jake to take a seat. I was starving. Therefore I sat next to her. Then, Jake sat down next to Jessica.  We all ate the sandwiches, that they made together. Jake told me to get down off the table. I did not like that, not a single bit. He poured me a cup of dog food into my new bowl. He didn’t even let me have a single piece of any of the sandwiches! Not even one of the leftovers. For the rest of the day, I got over it. Jessica gave Jake a good night hug.

Soon after, they ate dinner almost every night together. Until one night, they got into an argument about something. As a result, Jake went to the fridge for comfort. In less than a week, he cleared out the whole fridge. One Tuesday, we were eating pizza. Just Jake and I. There was a a little leaf that Jessica always use to put on my meals. Jake picked it up. He stared at it filled with sadness. I couldn’t take it any longer. I grabbed the leaf with my jaws and ran toward the restaurant that Jessica worked at. I ran out the kitchen window. I never ran so fast in my life! It took me about five minutes to get to the restaurant’s kitchen. Everyone screamed and shouted.

“There is a dog in the kitchen!!! Get it!!” Plates of food fell to the ground. I felt like eating it so, so badly but I had to be strong for Jessica and Jake. I ran passing all the food that fell on the floor. Finally, I reached Jessica. She looked surprised as soon as she laid her eyes on me. The next thing I knew, was Jake came up behind me in his bathrobe. He connected the leash to my collar and started to walk away. “Wait!” shouted Jessica. She leaned her face toward Jake to give him a kiss. My mission was a success. They fell in love once again. Four years later, Jake and Jessica got married, moved in, and had a baby girl named Diana. She is the cutest little baby in the universe. I was never as happy as I am today. Even though I don’t get everything I want, I couldn’t wish for anything else in the world.