Final Thoughts | Teen Ink

Final Thoughts

By Lucy_RK GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
Lucy_RK GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

I see the gun at his head, prepared to do the most vicious. I see the fingers holding the killing machine, shaking. They’re mine. One little bit of pressure and that man’s life will be over in 5 seconds. Just like my family, the only people that ever cared about me. A small tear falls down my face and I pretend not to notice. I need to stay strong. I need to prove that I'm not weak. I need to kill this man so I can finally be accepted into society. It's only one life. He means nothing to me. I can just close my eyes and squeeze my fingers together. No. I have to watch. I have to watch myself show the world that I am a true man. Hiding like a scared mouse won't do that. I must watch as the bullet spirals into his brain. I must watch as blood pours out of his head. I must watch as he tumbles to the ground, lifeless. I must not turn away. I must be proud of what I've done. I must because then I will never be shunned for not being normal again. I will know that I have the guts to reach the standard. And if I can't, I will be shamed, humiliated. I will be the one guy that doesn't fit in. The in-between. But that doesn't matter. Because this man is innocent. He has a family. He has friends. He has people that love him and who will avenge his death. I do not. So I take his place and finally work up the courage to pull the trigger.

on Nov. 22 2017 at 8:18 am
BBerends SILVER, Tirana, Other

"No you've got, yes, you can get

Wow, that was amazing! Great piece of writing

alyssa0401 PLATINUM, Staten Island, New York

"In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take."

This was such a sad and violent work, but was amazingly written. Keep it up!