Defective Dreams | Teen Ink

Defective Dreams

By DesolateGalaxies BRONZE, Overland Park, Kansas
DesolateGalaxies BRONZE, Overland Park, Kansas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

_________________
•Andromeda’s P.O.V.•
I looked over at the silhouette of my friends and family, we were all in a dim, abandoned town. I took notice of their facial features, and they all seem pretty amazed. They were also looking up at the sky. “What are you all looking at?” They stopped looking at the sky and gave me the most confused look I’ve seen so far. They were saying things like, “Andromeda, aren’t you the one that took us here?” This confused me to no end. One of my friends, who was standing next to me, tapped my shoulder, and pointed to the sky, too shocked to speak for once. At first, I was confused, but I decided to look towards the direction she was pointing at…
• 3rd Person P.O.V.•
Once the girl known as Andromeda decided to look up, she was amazed. It was the collision of the Milky Way galaxy and the Andromeda galaxy. It looked amazing, but it confused her even more. How is it possible that the collision is here ALREADY? Wasn’t it supposed to happen in a few billion years from now? These questions plagued Andromeda’s mind, but she was also admiring the view of the galaxies that are colliding. At this point in time, she was trying to piece together the events, but all she could piece together was that she was going somewhere, and she suddenly appeared here.
•Andromeda’s P.O.V.•
So I went somewhere… And I ended here? Wait, so is this just a dream? But if that’s true, then why can’t I wake up? I can’t be lucid dreaming, I can’t control my surroundings! I began to try to wake myself up, pinching myself, kicking nearby objects, you name it! Some of my friends started to worry, while others just stood there. My family came up to me and calm me down, but I was too scared and confused to calm down.
________
Some time had passed, and I was starting to calm down, but I was still worried. As I kept searching for a way to get out, I noticed something that was in the ground, it seemed like a glitch or some sort of code. I stopped what I was doing, and walked closer to it. Suddenly, it got bigger, I jumped a little and tried to take a step back, but I couldn’t. The code got bigger and bigger, and I was hearing voices. The voices seem to be distressed, calling my name and trying to get me to wake up. I also heard a heart monitor, and I started to get scared. I tried my hardest to wake up, but I failed. I start took a good look of surroundings, and some objects started to… Deteriorate? They started to decay and turn into code, and I noticed a strange feeling in my left leg, and I looked at it. It also started to decay. In the blink of an eye, it engulfed my entire body, nothing was left. And yet, I’m still here. After some time, I finally put the pieces together as to what was going on…
I still heard the voices… But not for long…
•3rd Person’s P.O.V.•
As Andromeda was engulfed in the code thing, she finally knew what happened, she was in a coma. The collision of the Andromeda galaxy and the Milky Way galaxy was nothing but a dream that her brain created. The dream was something that Andromeda wanted to see all her life. The code caused her and the dream to decay was a sign of the inevitable that was about to come. She realized that the last moments before death, everyone and everything was just a simulation, created by a higher being as an experiment.
Once someone dies, they are no longer part of the simulation. They can never come back and most never even realize that they died because they would need to have consciousness to realize that they died in the first place. The few that do realize that they have died are considered glitches by the Higher Being. They can do nothing to fix the glitches, but to just leave them alone.
But Andromeda and the other glitches didn’t want to be left alone…
      The End

A small part of this piece was inspired by a dream I had recently.