My bestfriend | Teen Ink

My bestfriend

By Spreadyourwings BRONZE, Selangor, Other
Spreadyourwings BRONZE, Selangor, Other

Infinty Rose

It has been a year, since my family and I have moved to this little poor town. We moved here because of financial problem. Most of the things that happened here is very different than what usually happen in the town that I was from. From where I was from, everyone was very friendly and kind, compare to kids here. Don't get me wrong, some are nice. But, there are a lot of mean kids too.

I also notice some bullying at my new school. It was quite disturbing seeing the innocent kids getting bullied by the other big kids. It is even more painful seeing my own bestfriend getting bullied and losing them. Ally was ner name. She was a very kind and joyful person. She was the first person I knew and who greeted me when I first came to my new school.

Last year, when it was my first day of school, I had trouble finding my locker. But then, Ally came and help me find my locker. Since that day, we became good friends and then bestfriends. When I was feeling down, she would always cheer me up. She was always be there no matter if I was in pain or not.

Then one day, I noticed that she was wearing a jacket to school, eventhough it was summer. I asked her why she was wearing a jacket. But, she just said that she was cold. So, without any second thoughts, I just simply went with it. Then, days later she started wearing sunglasses and scarfs. I just shrugged off everything, not wanting to get in her personal business.

One day, while I was going to the restroom I heard a group of people laughing down the hall. To be the curious person I am, I peeked at the group of people from behind a wall and saw a group of girls surrounding  a girl. At first, I thought that they were just chatting and gossiping around. But when I looked closely, the girl was my bestfriend, Ally. The group of girls were pushing her to the locker and calling her names. They were even threatening her to do stupid things.

With the braveness that I had, I shouted Ally's name and went to her. As soon as the group of girls saw me, they ran away from Ally. I went to her and she started crying at my shoulders. I took her to the principles office and reported the incident. The principle soon called the girls' parents and wanted to suspend the girls from school. But, Ally didn't agree with it. Because of her kind heart, the girls didn't get suspended.

Unluckily, the group of girls doesn't like her. Two days later, Ally didn't come to school. I insisted that she was maybe sick or had an appointment. But then, she continued not to come to school days later. When I got home, Ally's parents and my parents were in the living room, crying. I became curious and went to them. My mother then, told me that Ally died of suicide. Then, my legs were shaking and I could stand properly. So, I fell to the floor and cried.

After that incident, I started giving people advices and tell them what will actions do to someone. Since this day, everytime I see people getting bullied or are having problems, I would try my best to help them because I don't want them to do anything stupid from stress. I had a bestfriend, and her name was Ally.