my advanture | Teen Ink

my advanture

By Adilahz GOLD, Selangor, Other
Adilahz GOLD, Selangor, Other

When my family and I decided to visit the newly-opened adventure park in town ,little did we realise that tragedy would strike our family.

My father bought us day passes which allowed us to have unlimited rides on both the indoor and outdoor theme parks. My brother and I were determined to make the most of the day and we decided to try out the indoor park first. We rade the bumper cars and went bowling.

My brother was been to try the move exciting rides. He was determined to ride the roller coaster . We had heard that the roller coaster was the most exhilarating ride in the park. My brother was raring to get on but I was a little hesitant. I was not sure if I could stomach the the ride. My brother laughed at my fears and said that I was being irrational . He decided to go for it alone.

My parents and I watched as he climbed into the seat. Half way through the ride we saw him waving franctically to us. We waved back. Suddenly  I noticed the panic-stricken look on his face. It was only then that I realized his safety bar was not in place . Before I could do anything , I saw him hurtling towards the ground.

We shouted for help but by the time the operator pressed the emergency button, my brother was lying on the ground seriously injured.

It was later discovered that  the safety bar was faulty. The management of the theme park offered to compensate out family for my brother's injuries as partof an out-of-court settlement , but my father refused. He decided to sue management of the park for negligence. No amount of money would take away our shock and sadness. It was my last trip to an advanture park.