Field trip to Pulau Perhentian | Teen Ink

Field trip to Pulau Perhentian

April 11, 2016
By Adilahz GOLD, Selangor, Other
Adilahz GOLD, Selangor, Other
16 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Last December, our class organised a trip to Pulau Perhentian. We spent 4 days and 3 nights there.

              As Pulau Perhentian was not accessible by road, we had to take a ferry from the mainland. The journey on the ferry took about 45 minutes. When we landed, we made our way to the tourist information centre. We bought a map of the island and obtained pertinent information about the island from the clerk.

              We then headed for the chalets that we had booked. As it was less than a kilometre away we decided to walk, as we also wanted to get a feel of the island. There were many motorcycles and bicycles on the road but hardly any cars. The villagers seemed very friendly and helpful. There were also many foreign tourist on the island. After fifteen minutes of walking we reached the Palm Chalets. The chalets were situated in front of a lovely stretch of white sandy beach.

               After checking in, we decided to explore the island. We walked past a afishing village, where we saw fishermen unloading their catch for the day. We also visited an orchid garden and admired the splendour of the flowers. We then made our way back to the chalet and dived into the inviting blue water. Then we had dinner and slept soundly after a long and eventful day.

               The next day, we spent half the day hiking on Bukit Delima. After the hike we stopped at the waterfalls and enjoyed the cascading waters. That evening we set up a barbecue pit on the beach. We had fun cooking our own dinner. After dinner a few of us could not resist the water and we went for a midnight swim. The water was surprisingly warmer than expected.
           
                The following day, we attended a cultural show followed by lunch at the Cultural Centre. We were entertained by traditional dancers dressed in resplended costumes. In the evening, we went for a swim in the sea. That night we headed to the turtle sanctuary to watch turtles laying eggs. It was enlightening experience for all of us.
  
                 The next day, we packed and checked out of the chalet. We headed to the jetty and boarded the ferry at noon. We were exhausted but extremely satisfied that we had made the most of our three days on the island.