Stone Cold | Teen Ink

Stone Cold

By AshlynnH SILVER, Newmarket, New Hampshire
AshlynnH SILVER, Newmarket, New Hampshire
7 articles 1 photo 1 comment

I sat silently in the police station. All around me people were whispering and looking at me. A woman with her blonde curly hair pulled into a high ponytail approached me. Her blue eyes were full with sympathy. She looked kind, although she put on way too much make-up. She looked like a clown. She got into talking distance and I slowly stood up and smoothed out my shirt.
“Sierra Richardson?” The blonde’s voice was a lot nicer than I had expected.
I nodded and shook her hand. “Thats me” I smiled and she returned it.  I could tell by looking in her eyes that the smile was fake. I wasn’t stupid.
“Right this way.” She turned briskly and lead me down long snaking hallways turning left and right. All along the way rooms lined up one after another. Each and every one of them had someone screaming at somebody else.
All of  sudden the lights flickered madly and the long corridors seem longer and more unsettling than they already were. I tried to find comfort in the presence in the authority figure standing beside me. But that’s when I saw her paled face and haunted expression. I felt her arm. It was as cold as ice. I backed up against the wall in fright.
My breath was coming in gasps now. The screaming had stopped and the station was silent. It seemed more peaceful than it was. And all of a sudden I got that feeling again. Something was watching me.