The Great Artist | Teen Ink

The Great Artist

January 6, 2016
By Blondie625 GOLD, Kingsland, Georgia
Blondie625 GOLD, Kingsland, Georgia
10 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I wonder how I should like you to put me gently out of my pain."
-Robert Frost


He sits down at His worktable and picks up a misshapen and unseemly piece of clay. He begins to soften and warm the clay; working and molding it with His worn, skilled hands. He works for hours; sculpting and designing the clay, making it just as it should be within His eyes. He puts the form into the kiln and waits for it to harden. He fishes the figure out of the fire and sets it onto His table until it is cool. After making sure that the mold is stiff, He prepares to paint the figurine; mixing each color to its' specific shade, picking the exact brushes needed, and cleaning off the dust and dirt from the small statue. He begins with the base color- Olive brown. Next, He paints the eyes a gorgeous Emerald-green with precision and a steady hand. He continues to work for hours and days on end; making sure each brushstroke is accurate and each spot, freckle, birthmark, and mole is in its' perfect place. Until finally, He is finished with the outside of His creation.
Now, He opens the heart and begins to add the Essence. A few silver drops of Purity, the sun-kissed drops of Happiness, and the other ingredients for the Essence of the soul: Patience, Love, Joy, Hope, Peace, Kindness, Trust, and many others. He puts a piece of Himself into the mix also; The Spirit.

While He continues adding more drops of Essence to the heart, a small and devious creature lies in wait. Hidden in the shadows, for it cannot stand the Light, it holds an evil plan in its' cold, dead heart. As soon as The Artist steps away to retrieve more Essence, it springs into action. It climbs onto the table and with its' grotesque and gnarled fingers, it uncaps its' own mixture of a different and malevolent Essence: a mix of Anger, Malice, Sadness, Pain, Cruelty, Distrust, Brawling, and many more things of its' own nature. But the darkest and most horrid of the brew is Sin. It taints every part of the sculpture, consuming every pure and happy thing put into the figure; and when The Artist returns, He sees what the creature has done and is filled with sorrow and cries over His beautiful creation.

His tears fall into the heart of the figure and clears away some of the Sin. He sends His Son to the World to die for all the Sin within His creations and for His blood to cover over the Sin and cleanse it, and the Sin in His mold's heart is washed away. But the new, tainted Essence still remains. He leaves it there, for He has a plan.
He closes the heart, sealing the true beauty inside. He looks upon it with an everlasting and forgiving love, and adds one final touch: He breathes His life, Spirit, and Love into it and gives it life. He sets the newly-born human onto the World and steps away; He does not go far, He cares too much to leave His creation. He continues to watch as the human grows and answers when it calls. He starts working on other sculptures, but still watches and protects the ones He's created before. After spending their time on Earth, they come back home to The Artist. He puts them in a place made of His Essence; a place filled with only Happiness and Love and nothing painful or sorrowful. He loves the humans and does not want them to suffer.
He sets them down in this happy and divine place He calls Heaven. He molds, paints, and creates more humans, and the cycle goes on and on. The Artist loves each of His figures unconditionally such as the ones before. He holds each of them in a special place within His heart, and he never leaves their sides'.
The Artist perceives no flaws, only perfection. When each human comes alive, He tells them: “I know the plans I have for you,” He declares, “Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.”* He tells them He will never leave them or forsake them and that He will always love them; forever and unconditionally.

And The Great Artist never lies.
                                               The End.

 


*Author's paraphrase from The Holy Bible, Jeremiah 29:11


The author's comments:

I wrote this after attending a Sunday night youth group meeting, where my friend got to preach. It's about God's love for us, and how he loves us despite our flaws. Each one of us is perfectly created, and I wrote this in hope that it might help someone to know they are loved and they are perfect.