Three Illuminating Lights | Teen Ink

Three Illuminating Lights

By 7witter GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
7witter GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

They are the only ones who seize attention. I am the only one who withstands the flash. Three illuminating lights with illuminating sparks and loud clicks like others of their kind. Three who make a difference in the era. Three distasteful creations ruining what used to be. From our screens, we can see them, but they remain captured only to be lost.
Their purpose has no soul. They send messages of carelessness to others. They are captured and they are devoured and they grab other's eyes for they need more attention and hypnotize the crowd. This is how they survive.
Let one forget to activate the flash, they’d all burrow like birds in a nest, each with their fingers swiping across the screen. Look, look, look they say when I leave. They command.
When I am too alone and too forgotten to keep snapping, when I am a small speck against a mob, then it is I look at lights. When there is nothing left to reminisce at. Three who won because of the odds. Three who succeed and do not forget to celebrate. Three whose only reason is to overcome against me.