A mysterious walk... | Teen Ink

A mysterious walk...

By Abi-street GOLD, Birmingham, Other
Abi-street GOLD, Birmingham, Other

Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud. - Maya Angelou

Wow. Who would’ve thought a normal walk could hurt so much. The cold delicate air freezing every nerve on this destroyed but smiling face.  A cold frozen heart becoming colder. It just doesn’t make sense. Each step felt like walking on a million nails, but, the nails somehow stabbed the broken heart and destroyed it piece by piece.
Every step that’s walked a small damaged piece of hope slowly and painfully drains out of this broken, bruised and battered body.  Each glance at hope is blurred by misery. Why? She does not know. 
The wind whistling in her ear can not silence everything.  The troubles of today washed away with the sweet hum of a baby bird. But how can it be sweet when the baby bird is calling for his mom who left.  A wiggly worm caught her eye, within seconds the worm was ripped out the ground and was being munched on by the baby bird. She smiled. Maybe not all endings are bad. 
Her walk continued on.  The trees began to dance as the wind became frightfully stronger. Each gush nearly knocked her off her weightless feet.  A shudder ran down her strength less spine, all the cold memories soon followed.  One by one each flashback decided to replay.  Pain and emptiness soon filled her body. How can emptiness fill someone up? When you feel nothing emptiness is all you have. Isolating herself from the chaotic world she strolled down an alley, thankfully the street lights were dead, just like her heart beat. She felt at home.  This is where she longed to be.  The crowded streets were soon hushed as her frightful memories sprang back into life.  She craved silence.
She couldn’t take it anymore, the pain was overwhelming, and she  couldn’t cope. The memories slowly left, she slowly came back to life, into the present day. She stumbled onto her feet, trying to keep her balance as her fragile body nearly tumbled down.  Her heart dropped, like an anchor falling to the bottom of the sea, her gut done a summersault, it spun more times than a Catherine wheel on bonfire night.  As she came to the realisation that she had been gone 4 hours and no body had the slightest clue where she was. Well… it’s not like they were bothered anyway.
Her small adventure had begun again. She left her shelter, the dark, dangerous damp alley-way. This was no place to call home, but to her, the damaged, broken and destroyed girl, this is all she had.  Slowly strolling along the crowded streets wondering where everyone was going, the frustrated faces and tired eyes hurriedly trying to reach their destination. What was the rush? Where was they going? She sat on the nearest old grubby bench and watched. Watched how everyone frantically rushed to be somewhere else, where as, she had no where to go. Belonged no where.  She wondered how they felt.  The whole world looked tired and exhausted.
Is this what ‘growing up’ is? Rushing around, wasting your life being too busy and worrying about going places.  What’s the pint of living if this is what you live for…
Thoughts racing at a hundred miles an hour, heart beating fast, blood rushing around the not so lifeless body. An extremely loud and startling noise awakened  her from her ever lasting day-dream. Her life nearly vanished before her. The car braked hard, swerved quickly and  by a miracle missed.  She could’ve been gone. No one would’ve knew.
That could’ve been it. Over. Wow. That near death incident awakened her. Her eyes lit up, her smile was visible,  for once she looked happy. Why? Because she finally realised a life can be taken at any second without knowing. Finally she realised its time to wake up and start living. Yeah, she has always been breathing but she’s never been alive.  Today is different.
The journey home was a different story.  Walking with a quick pace, a little jump to each step, a little life in her heart, she flushed all the bad memories away. Locked up in the dark, dangerous alley-way where they will always stay. Today is a new day. A new life. Time for change!

Abi-street GOLD, Birmingham, Other

thank-you so much, this means a lot :)

Courtster103 BRONZE, Walla Walla, Washington
Your works are absolutely amazing and this is just...breath taking. Your writing is very solid and powerful. Keep it up, your talents are very promising!!

on Jan. 6 2015 at 7:29 am
Abi-street GOLD, Birmingham, Other

thank-you so much... this is really uplifting... i'm really glad you like it :)

Emily210 GOLD said...
on Jan. 1 2015 at 1:34 am
Emily210 GOLD, Dimmitt, Texas

It came to pass. (It didn't come to stay.)

This is an amazing piece of work. You truly have talent for writing. Just reading this told me that one day you are going to be an amazing author. Keep up the amazing work. And good luck in your career as an author.