The Souls in the Sky | Teen Ink

The Souls in the Sky

By Sane-or-Insane SILVER, Highland Village, Texas
Sane-or-Insane SILVER, Highland Village, Texas

An approximant of 248 babies are born each minuet, about 496 eyes, 1,984 fingers (not including the thumbs of course), and lots of crying. Each of them a naive brain, comprehension capabilities at a down low, and there thought is based on essential needs that cannot be handled voluntarily yet. This makes them prime care takers for the essence of the Plumes and 1/5 of the population of the 248 babies born a minuet become a caretaker to these creatures. These Plumes are organisms of minimum capacity for thought but one thing that makes them special is their want for more. Their bodies float through the air going wherever the wind takes them, most people and animals are clueless to their existence. They are not classified in any kingdom but are placed in the legend and folklore categories. Some Indian tribes have felt them and have created stories to explain their fragile ways. Their spirit seeks the saliva of our skeletons and barrier of our bones. Their delicate features, unable to support the aspiration for adventure or any other aptitude of thought that requires concentration, go for the young and raw. This is why they need the body and mind of a baby. A babies ways aren't set in stone and require little molding, but have more space for more cognition and knowledge. Curious of the peoples manner down below, they yearn for the chance to meet and greet, smile and sulk, and this is why they adopt the brain of a human. Our resources provide them intelligence and teachers provide them equipment for life beyond their clouds. On the steel and pavement they find a future on the meadow and stone they seize strength. The delicate decorum of the Delta species of the Plumes were one of the first to penetrate and excogitate the mind of a human and make it their own. Soon Plumes all over utilized this way of life and went on to connect their fibers to the neurons to our systems. But most stay to their own devises and stayed hovering about the clouds and into the cosmic and infinite vacuum of space. There features are nothingness they are only souls from the sky.

I honestly don't know what category I would put this piece in. I think if I could put it in my own words I would call it informative fiction; it's sort of short story-ish. This is fiction so don't go on the internet and search it, just to be clear on that point.