The worst day of my life | Teen Ink

The worst day of my life

By Jessalynn BRONZE, Rensselaer, Indiana
Jessalynn BRONZE, Rensselaer, Indiana

"If the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." Paul walker

The house was quiet, no sound escapes from the broken, shattered shingles of the old Rivermeyer mansion. Carla and I are huddled in the corner, while jake is staring down at Mr. Johnny's lifeless, nonmoving body. "Layla and I were just playing," I said knowing it was a lie. We had snuck in here playing hide and go seek. He had gotten up out of his old cedar rocker that he got from Ms. Johnny before she passed. He threatened to call the police, and we wouldn't let him. We ran upstairs to the second floor to where his first bedroom was. I was the first one there, and I turned around and Layla had this super scary grin on her face. Mr. Johnny stood there looking like this was gonna be the best thing ever. Then I look at Layla, she had moved back a few steps, the grin wiped off her face, a low scared growl sounded behind me. I turned around and saw that there was a rotweiler standing behind me, teeth bared, muscles tensed. He got down to a crouch and I thought he was going to jump, but he got down and stayed, he looked scared, I turn around and Layla has a knife in her hand, I go to walk backwards and I trip on a Chest and fall over to my stomach, she looks like she's about to kill me, so I think this is my only chance, I kick the knife out of her hand and sprint for he door, "Grab her NOW!!!!" She screamed to Mr. Johnny. He wasn't paying attention and I slipped past him, she followed me out the door but tripped and fell headfirst down the stairs, which killed her on impact. Mr. Johnny then followed behind me, skirted around Layla, and down the stairs. Carla was there for some reason, looking at me scared to death, then Mr. Johnny fell over, not breathing. I jumped into Carla's arms, scared. Jake came in a few minutes later, worried. One look at me told him everything he needed to know, I went to the corner and sat down with Carla, while jake went to see if Mr. Johnny was ok, he then asked me if Layla was ok, I told him I didn't know, because even I didn't know the answer to that. So I got up, still clinging to Carla, and walked over to where her lifeless body was still laying on the stairs. "Jess, call the ambulance, please" he pulled out his phone and gave it to me and I dialed the number "hello, nine-one-one what's your emergency?" The Woman said. I replied back, " ,h-hello, this is jessie Omar and I have a bad emergency here at the old Rivermeyer mansion, you remember where that is?" She said. Yes and asked me to give her the usual details. "A man with white hair and a dark blue shirt and red sweats just passed out, and I don't know if he's okay and my friend Layla just killed herself while she was running down the stairs. And I'm really scared right now." "Calm down, it's going to be ok, I'm sending an ambulance and the sheriff is on his way to ask you questions. Is any other adult there?" I said back, "yes my brother jake, he's. 18 does that count?" She laughed and said yes and that they would be there in a minute. I hung up and later the sheriff and ambulance and parametics were there. They loaded Mr.Johnny and Layla onto a stretcher and put them into the ambulances. And that was that, nothing else. That put an end . When my mom came home, I was scared to death. I didn't know what she was going to say. My dad came home too, and he gave me the same look my mom gave me. I jumped up and ran to my room knowing what was going on. My dad followed me to my room, and I was thinking that he was going to ask me a lot of questions, but no, he sat down on my bed and asked me how the day went. I broke down and told him what was going on, he nervously asked me If the police asked me if I have any questions. I told him no. And he said "good, you don't need any more pressure on you after everything happened."

This is a journal entry I wrote in class one day, I thought it'd be really cool.