"Save the trees" | Teen Ink

"Save the trees"

By Purlfluff GOLD, Colfax, California
Purlfluff GOLD, Colfax, California

When you're drowning, you don't say 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,' you just scream.
-John Lennon

I tower above them, in age size and even mental capacity, my species was alive billions of years before theirs, I stand strong and steady. Yet it seems that the only thing my species can move is it branches and roots. I am weak, I don’t know what I was talking about, I can’t move, they can, it is over.

All that they have to do is grasp on to one of their many tools and use it to cut me down. They eat my offspring, still in its fetal form, they pull them out of their protective coating and eat it. Even know they are assembling to cut me down, I see what they do to my comrades, the use them for cheap building material.

What is this guy doing next to me, climbing up me! With a pack of food and water, man I hate it when bugs and birds use me as a house, and how humans; when I am still alive! Look he also has a crowd around him. They are yelling probably cheering him-- Wait! It seems that this human, whose race is the reason for my species to be endangered, is living in me, so I don’t get cut down. I have seen humans trap hundreds of rabbits, gun down thousands of deer, cut down millions of trees, step on billions of bugs, and the pollution they make kills trillions of other animals, but they will not kill one human, even though they are overpopulated, OH this race really is weak.

If only I can move. If only I can move, I have said that phrase thousands of times and nothing changes, my mind is not holding me back, only my body! Who knew Steven Hawkings would be more like my species than his. I have compassion, I hold on to my comrades, but I know when to let go, because if I don’t they will take me down with them.

Wait, they are now cutting down all of my other member of my species, to stumps, so you just leave their dead corpses after you are done with them. Why, it is pointless, use rocks or something they don’t have a brain.

All the other guys have left us, that pesky human is still there, oh well, I kind of enjoy him saying that he is going to save me, but I of course could save myself if I wanted. That is a lie, I could not save myself even if it was from a woodpecker. I am weak and useless, the only thing I got over humans is my brain, but I can’t communicate with anybody!

OW! What the, did somebody just fling something at me. Oh God one of my limbs has been removed! It is the one with that guy who was trying to save me! Now I am truly all alone, I don’t need him though, he was weak like the rest of them. He smelled awful too. As if I would know, all I know if that other people were holding there sniffers when he walked by.

Hey look the other evil guys are back, good cause I was getting kind of lonely. I don’t need then though! Wait why are they attaching cables to me. Oh god they are chainsawing me. It hurts worse than I expected! Now they are pulling me down. I am separated from my roots! The ground is hard. Why are they cutting me when I am down. Wait now I am being hauled away by trucks.

I never thought that I would live without my roots or live being just a little log. Do normal trees live without their roots. Oh great they have reached their destination. Those saws look awfully big on know. Wait what is that thing that they are shoving me in, those are big blades.

Great now I am a pile of wood-chips. Also I am being melted now. I don’t even care, but it does hurt. OW! Help look, they are putting me on another conveyer. He, I am getting a bath, the water feels good. Hey I’m solid now, look’s like the worst is over. Now I am being trucked away. I did loose my massive size, but things are looking up.

Hey look it is a four-hundred pound buff man. What did he say, this stack cost so much you would have a better deal if you would pay per piece of paper. That Princess needs to go back to his castle, hey look he got hit in the head with a piece of the roof great.Wait some random guy claims he is a layer. Wait why does this stupid store owner matter to me, that’s right he doesn't! Let him close down, I would just be sent to another store, and be bought. Man I thought life would be better after I died.

Another guy walks in, he looks like that guy who lived in me, and looked he bought me so that I could live in him for revenge. What the hell am I thinking about, that is not possible. Now he is taking me out writing something on me, then stabling me to some sort of post. I wonder what the writing says? I guess I will never know.

___________________________________1

l
1
"Save the trees"
l
1

l
1

l
1

l
l____________________________________