Storm | Teen Ink

Storm

February 25, 2014
By VitamAeternam PLATINUM, Fenton, Michigan
VitamAeternam PLATINUM, Fenton, Michigan
26 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Only the very weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry.”
― Cassandra Clare


The sudden feeling of utter loneliness and frailty a storm brings is one of the most achingly beautiful moments this world has to offer. One might think it odd that I find this feeling to be beautiful. But I believe that any one moment that can instantly and so effectively remind us of our insignificance in this grand world is the essence of beauty. The chill of the sudden breeze before the storm, then the clap of thunder. Umbrellas unfurling their nylon canopy's, prized goods being stowed away in the relative safety of coats and jackets. For those without umbrellas, the scramble for shelter is immediate. Cramming under small shop overhangs or rushing to the closest open door. Personally I would prefer to enjoy the musty steamy smell and the refreshing cool of the droplets. I looked up at the gray sky and felt the water roll off my skin. I didn't put my arms out or open my mouth, I just took a deep breath and let my senses soak up the beauty.


The author's comments:
A very short depiction of a storm.