You've Got Me | Teen Ink

You've Got Me

By JackieSugarTongue PLATINUM, Kremmling, Colorado
JackieSugarTongue PLATINUM, Kremmling, Colorado
46 articles 1 photo 1 comment

She Was So Beautiful In Death It Was A Wonder Why She Was Ever Alive

Never have I met you, not even once. I still know that your eyes shine like plain white chalk and your lips are shaped like a heart that’s been beaten in with a hammer. Your hands are cold like death and your heart is a blazing inferno trying to melt the ice that weighs down your ribs. I am hopeless and broken and not worthy of you at all. My skin is thick like leather and my bones are as fragile as robin’s eggs. I break each time I pend and I have no push so I just give. My eyes are not blue but grey. Not grey but dead and lifeless. My hair falls flat and is thin like smoke. I am not beautiful, but I am a disaster. I love you
I’ve cried each word that has escaped from your soul. You’ve bled them and said them and typed them. I’ve read them. Those words and syllables and ties and lies sent tingles from my lip to my hips to my fingertips. It felt like paisley bandannas and lollipops from the good old days when raindrops didn’t burn. Each letter echoed through my ears and out through my nose, then I snorted them again like an addict would. I breathed you and tasted you and pictured you. I loved you just then.
First sight is too little time but first word is just enough. I felt the hook slide through my lip and it tasted sweet like lies. I floated on each sentence and each paragraph beyond and I felt too weightless to ever come down. I still can’t feel my feet touching the ground. It was random and it was poetry but it was a story you kept inside and it clawed and fought till you let it loose and it killed me. I died happy and cried at the simple sensation of knowing what you meant and living what you said. The sun kissed my lips and set my skin ablaze. I laughed because I felt no pain. I love you still.
It doesn’t matter if you do or if you don’t I wouldn’t expect you to but I can. Listen closely now because I want you to hear me with your eyes and your lips. Your ears can rest because all you need to know is that I am not beautiful but I taste like roses. When the air gets cold and I can taste the peppermint of winter-time I’ll think of you and know that you taste it to. Even if you’re galaxies away and can’t hear me when I call you I know that we are one because I feel your heart beating when the hammer slams down and your teeth hit mine. When the kiss of death falls upon me and you’re its deliverer and I can’t breathe but I can scream, I will surrender to your antics and fall slowly with you till the cotton candy clouds catch me. I’ll know that you never even knew me but you swept me away anyway. I’ll love you then.
If you don’t understand me that’s perfectly how it should be. I hope this confuses you and loses you and amuses you. It was because of you that I lost my mind. I realized all the things that I can’t do and that I lack because you outshined me before I even turned on my light. It is my hope that you are happy because my dreams are crushed and my heart cries out for yours. I know that if I get too close I’ll burn but I’m already on fire and I’m freezing to death because of it. One turn of a page and a little intrigue and I dove into someone else’s junk drawer and handed you my heart. You never would have had it had you not been snooping and thinking and loving like I always wanted someone to. Now you have me and you don’t even want me, but I’m clinging to you like memories you want to erase and I won’t let go. Just promise me that you’ll always remember. I love you forever.