Monkeys!? | Teen Ink

Monkeys!?

October 6, 2008
By Cheychey39 GOLD, Norwalk, Wisconsin
Cheychey39 GOLD, Norwalk, Wisconsin
17 articles 0 photos 2 comments

“Monkeys!? No way!"
"Hey admit it, it was a pretty creative idea."
"Noooo way!"
"Why not?"
"MONKEYS!?!?"
"Aww geez it’s not so bad." This wasn’t going so well…
"No. No. No. No. NO. NO. NOO!" Great, now she’s pacing.
"Ok, maybe I should just let you think about it for a little bit."
"AHH!! I. Do. NOT. NEED. TO. THINK. ABOUT. IT!!" She stomped between each word.
I sat in a chair while she ranted.
"You…AHH!!! Of all the…AHH!!!" I leaned back. "How many did you…AHH!!" She couldn’t seem to get the "Ahhs" out of her.
"AHH!! What are we gonna do!?" She stopped Ahhing and looked at me. "WELL!?!?!"

"Um, sell them?"
"AHHH!" Wrong answer.
"How could you!? CASEY!!" I looked at my sisters’s frantic face. Only a year older, and 500 times more practical.
"Ok Jen, chill."
"CHILL!? You bought 18 monkeys, and you expect me to CHILL!? AHH!!"
"Hey! I didn’t buy them! They were FREE! That’s why its such a good idea!"
"AHH Casey no! They are MONKEYS! Our parents are gonna KILL us! Tie us up, and cut our fingers off, and pull our hairs out one at a time….AHH!!!" I rolled my eyes and stood up.
"Well Jen, then you are gonna help me right?"
"UG Casey! AHH! How. Could. You!?" She plopped herself down on the couch.
"Ok Jen, don’t talk for a minute, just listen!"
"Ahh…ok." She sulked.
"Ok. So this lady was giving away cute little spider monkeys, and you need a great fundraiser."
"But – "
"Soo you sell the free monkeys and make money! It’s a win-win situation!"
"Ahh but MONKEYS Casey!? Who wants MONKEYS!?" I shrugged.
"See! Now we are stuck with 18 little creeps and mom and dad are gonna be home soon!" There was a knock at the door.
"Hold that thought." I told her. I went to the door and opened it. A man was standing there holding one of the monkeys. "Great!" I thought, "A buyer already!"
"Um, is this yours?"
"Yea…"
"Well you might want to control your animals…"
"Excuse me?"
He squinted at me, then stepped aside showing me a view of the yard - where 17 crazy little monkeys were playing innocently. I screamed.
"JEEENN!!!"