This VS That | Teen Ink

This VS That

December 22, 2012
By SamiStarkid2276 GOLD, Coventry, Rhode Island
SamiStarkid2276 GOLD, Coventry, Rhode Island
11 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Too err is human, to forgive is against company policy."


Such a simple thing as piece of lined paper can bring me to my victory. Grinning, knowing I have the possibility of getting exempt from the Creative Writing final. With the paper in front of me and my weapon of choice in my right hand, I started writing. As my writing juices start flowing, my hand flies across the page. And suddenly, I stop. My mind draws a blank. Lifting my head up, I look around and zero in on my worst enemy.

Pessimism. He grins devilishly at me.

"Whats wrong Sam? Writer's block?" He taunted. "Yeah, thought so. You've never been the best writer, anyways. Give up now, and save yourself the disappointment."

I sat there in silence. Knowing that fighting back is only an uphill battle.

"That's not true Sam! You're a good writer, your friends think so! Don't let that big bully tell you wrong!" Optimism pipes up from the corner of the room, making me jump.

Pessimism rolls eyes. "Shut it, you little joyful children's character. Grow up and join the real world."

Optimism just laughed. "Stop being so grumpy! What are you, Oscar the Grouch?"

Me? I put my head in my hands, trying to block out their bickering. It happens every time I have something important to do. Will they ever stop fighting and let me at peace?


The author's comments:
This just about sums up every time i feel like writing something.