Dear World | Teen Ink

Dear World

September 27, 2012
By marzapan PLATINUM, Westchester, Pennsylvania
marzapan PLATINUM, Westchester, Pennsylvania
48 articles 0 photos 27 comments

Favorite Quote:
"do not lead me unto temptation, i can find the way my self" rita brown
"die fish Hitler die" jake: homestuck
"My only friend growing up was a yak." -Russia (Hetalia)
"Pants are your first priority." -My friend


Dear world,
She tried not to let the words affect her, the words that they threw at her like knives. She did her best to remain strong as she walked down the hallway each and every day, letting her hair cover her face in a curtain of brown. She was different from the mass of people that stalk the halls at her school, she didn't fit into any of the preset cliques. She wasn't goth, she wasn't emo, or preppy, or sporty. She simply was herself. Her name was Sonja, and to put it plainly, she was a wall flower, the kind that moves slowly next to the lockers at school, trying to avoid touch as if it was acid. Many didn't understand her, they thought that she was just another weirdo, a freak that wasn't needed. They abused her with words, never included her, and spread nasty rumors about her, that beautiful wall flower that no one ever bothered to give the time to let bloom. She was one of the least popular girls at school, and she committed suicide because she couldn't handle it any more. She didn't think any one would notice if she was gone, and unfortunately, she was right. My name is Selene, and you may not know this, me being one of the more popular girls at school, but Sonja was my little sister. I tried to stand up for her, but every time i tried to get close to her, I would get caught in a sea of chattering people that honestly think they are my friends even though I don't even like hardly any of them. My baby sister is gone because of those words that people threw at her, and even though they didn't notice her absence, they will notice mine. By the time you read this, I'll be with my baby sister again. Maybe now you and everyone that hurt her will realize, one death will not go unnoticed without another following. goodbye, for the last time.


-Selene